Poll: Which Civ will you play first game as?

Which Civ will you play in your first game?

• Americans

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • Arabians

Votes: 40 3.0%
  • Aztecs

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • Chinese

Votes: 79 6.0%
  • Egyptians

Votes: 38 2.9%
  • English

Votes: 88 6.7%
  • French

Votes: 80 6.1%
  • Germans

Votes: 125 9.5%
  • Greeks

Votes: 72 5.5%
  • Incans

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • Indians

Votes: 72 5.5%
  • Japanese

Votes: 40 3.0%
  • Malinese

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • Mongolians

Votes: 25 1.9%
  • Persians

Votes: 33 2.5%
  • Romans

Votes: 140 10.6%
  • Russians

Votes: 68 5.2%
  • Spanish

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • Random

Votes: 88 6.7%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 81 6.2%

• Total voters
Played as George Washington (fin, org) both fantastic traits and since I spent so much time defending the homeland I felt required to play them first!

-SA

I will start as the aztecs and take back the world from the "white eyes". Oh yea destroy all Spanards...:::):smoke:

Played Ghandi India first. Woo-Hoo.

I'm probably gonna play with Mao Zedong first... Then later on with russia probably (whos that petter guy... Vladimir Lenin would have been a better choice if ya ask me). After that, I'm making the glorious Québecois and the puny Canadiens so i can invade the english canada and steal them of all their ressources! Muwahahaha! On second though... I think i'm gonna make the Québecois civ before i even play... :)

Mr.No said:
I would really like to play with Alexander The Great :king: but in this game he is "Greek".That is a clear violation of history.
Alexander was Macedonian (not Greek) so it should be a Macedonian Civ not Greek.
Some question about this matter can be found on the web site:
www.historyofmacedonia.org

I hope that I haven't affended any1 but the truth has to be told.

Excuse me if i am off topic but i have to answer to Mr.No :

Why don't you stop my ''friend'' this propaganda?All the people in this world know that when alexander the great was born you were still far away from greece-macedonia...Was alexander the great from skopje?What else are we going to see...I live around 30 km from the greek-skopian borders and trust me i know very good history and what really happened...Anyway you were quite funny...You made my day...:lol:

P.S. of course I'll play with greeks and alexander the great!:king:

I'm gonna play with the United Federation of Switzerland! Don't laugh! Some of the greatest leaders of Europe were Swiss (Habsburg Leaders). I just have to figure out which leader is most similar to Willhelm Tell....:lol:

Gnarv said:
I'm gonna play with the United Federation of Switzerland! Don't laugh! Some of the greatest leaders of Europe were Swiss (Habsburg Leaders). I just have to figure out which leader is most similar to Willhelm Tell....:lol:
The Habsburgs are Austrians rulers that ruled Switzerland as a mere part of their Empire... but anyhow have fun...

Maybe diamond geezer is right(thx man),Americans don't know history,so because he is right this will be my last posting on this subject.
Ok my "dear friend" if you do not trust me maybe you will trust the scientific reserch(I will quote a part of it):

Department of Immunology and Molecular Biology, H. 12 de Octubre, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain. aarnaiz@eucmax.sim.ucm.es

Arnaiz-Villena A, Dimitroski K, Pacho A, Moscoso J, Gomez-Casado E, Silvera-Redondo C, Varela P, Blagoevska M, Zdravkovska V, Martinez-Laso J.

HLA alleles have been determined in individuals from the Republic of Macedonia by DNA typing and sequencing. HLA-A, -B, -DR, -DQ allele frequencies and extended haplotypes have been for the first time determined and the results compared to those of other Mediterraneans, particularly with their neighbouring Greeks. Genetic distances, neighbor-joining dendrograms and correspondence analysis have been performed. The following conclusions have been reached:

1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum, like Iberians (including Basques), North Africans, Italians, French, Cretans, Jews, Lebanese, Turks (Anatolians), Armenians and Iranians,

2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum,

3) Greeks are found to have a substantial relatedness to sub-Saharan (Ethiopian) people, which separate them from other Mediterranean groups. Both Greeks and Ethiopians share quasi-specific DRB1 alleles, such as *0305, *0307, *0411, *0413, *0416, *0417, *0420, *1110, *1112, *1304 and *1310. Genetic distances are closer between Greeks and Ethiopian/sub-Saharan groups than to any other Mediterranean group and finally Greeks cluster with Ethiopians/sub-Saharans in both neighbour joining dendrograms and correspondence analyses. The time period when these relationships might have occurred was ancient but uncertain and might be related to the displacement of Egyptian-Ethiopian people living in pharaonic Egypt.

PMID: 11260506 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

NCBI SOURCE: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...ve&db=PubMed&list_uids=11260506&dopt=Abstract. NCBI Website: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/. Other NCBI genetic researches on the Cretans, Palestinians, Morocans, Algerians, Spanish, Basques, Italians, Mexican Mazatecans, Thais, Lebanese, etc.

Many evidence on this subject and a really good informations about Macedonians can be found on the site www.historyofmacedonia.org (watch carefully of what sourses are the info and you will see the diference of propaganda and the truth),so you descide who you trust.

I started out at America b/c I'm patriotic that way.:salute:

I played my first game as the Germans under Bismark. I would have thought they would put Germany as an aggressive, military, state. Maybe not as much as under Bismark but it should be aggressive under Fredrick the Great. The panzer is good but they should make a barbarian, Viking style unit for them early on. In that respect I wish they would have had a Scandinavian civ. But they will probably come out with one at some point like under civ III. This game is good. Its strategic and very realistic. However I still love Civ III though and they both have unique qualities.
Also, i too have watched Rome on HBO and its friggin awesome! I rank it as good if not better than Deadwood.

TrusTn01 said:
Excuse me if i am off topic but i have to answer to Mr.No :

Why don't you stop my ''friend'' this propaganda?All the people in this world know that when alexander the great was born you were still far away from greece-macedonia...Was alexander the great from skopje?What else are we going to see...I live around 30 km from the greek-skopian borders and trust me i know very good history and what really happened...Anyway you were quite funny...You made my day...:lol:

P.S. of course I'll play with greeks and alexander the great!:king:

Hmmm, Alexander the Great was the son of Philip II of Macedon and was King of Macedon.. so, it seems to me that he was from the ancient macedon. ;)

cf. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_the_Great

In addition i find that the summarized History of the civilizations is sometimes frankly simplified when it is not skewed, you won't teach your kids with such content, even if this is not the purpose that's too bad, because that doesn't cost more money to be accurate. :rolleyes:

Best regards,
Sensi

Mr.No said:
Maybe diamond geezer is right(thx man),Americans don't know history,so because he is right this will be my last posting on this subject.
Ok my "dear friend" if you do not trust me maybe you will trust the scientific reserch(I will quote a part of it):

Many evidence on this subject and a really good informations about Macedonians can be found on the site www.historyofmacedonia.org (watch carefully of what sourses are the info and you will see the diference of propaganda and the truth),so you descide who you trust.

The research you mention is just a part of your propaganda.See the names of the researchers...Most of them have slavic names...How could a research be accurate when most of the ''scientists'' are from skopje...Do you know what philip name means?You came in Europe in 1300AD and Alexanders the Great and the Greek Macedonians were in 300BC ....Are you macedonians?Have you ever seen in the archaeological proof on which your propaganda is based on?Have you seen Alexander as Alexandar?You are just slavic tribes man...Enough with this propaganda...
Just check this which is based on classics writers and famous ancient historians which are admired and taught in every university except from yours as i see:
http://www.macedonia.com/english/history/

W.i.n.t.e.r said:
The Habsburgs are Austrians rulers that ruled Switzerland as a mere part of their Empire... but anyhow have fun...

Sorry, but you are wrong. Habsburg was a SWISS family from east Switzerland. Somewhen they went to Vienna. They came to power in Austria, that's why it was called Habsburg Austria. After they came to power, they tried to reconquer Switzerland not only once. They were fought back. Habsburg Leaders were ruling in about half a dozen European countries: Austria, Spain, the Netherlands, Russia....

I was planning on the French but the English were actually the first civ I finished a game with. I wasn't serious about the choice because I wasn't really planning on finishing the game.

W.i.n.t.e.r said:

A) The Habsburg originated in Switzerland, where their home castle is!

B) The Habsburg never ruled Switzerland! In fact, the founding of "Switzerland" in 1307 or 1291 was actually against Habsburg rule. In all of the later battles, which are quite famous now, especially Morgarten, the Swiss DEFEATED the Habsburg and drove them off of Switzerland...

mitsho

杀掉所有的日本人,那个叫爽

I had played all the versions of Civilization before. I hope it is good game, and great entertaiment. I voted I will play French, but I don't know why.
Really I loved Napoleon, when I was in high school, so that's that reason.
Which civilization you will recommend me at the first game?
I wonder your opinions about it. I wonder, what's music is included, when you negotiate with other part? Anthems? Like French Marseillaise? It was so on the first Civilization.
So tell me, please
Geetings!!!

Top Bottom