POLL: who is the stupidest leader in civ5?

who is the stupidest leader in civ5?

• Washington (America)

Votes: 14 12.0%
  • Harun al-Rashid (Arabia)

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Montezuma (Aztec)

Votes: 19 16.2%
  • Nebuchadnezzar II (Babylon)

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Wu Zetian (China)

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Harald Bluetooth (Denmark)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramesses II (Egypt)

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • Elizabeth I (England)

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Napoleon (France)

• Otto von Bismarck (Germany)

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Alexander (Greece)

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Pachacuti (Inca)

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Gandhi (India)

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Hiawatha (Iroquois)

• Oda Nobunaga (Japan)

• Genghis Khan (Mongolia)

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Suleiman (Ottomans)

• Darius (Persia)

• Kamehameha (Polynesia)

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Augustus Caesar (Rome)

• Catherine (Russia)

• Ramkhamhaeng (Siam)

• Askia (Songhai)

• Isabella (Spain)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've seen four leaders which play constantly poor (8 games out of 10): Washington, Suleiman, Montezuma and Kamehameha.
Of course, there are exceptions to every rule: In one recent game (a map with 3 continents), Monty allied Bismarck on one continent and they both took out Suleiman and Oda, on the second continent Washington with Hiawatha took out Siam and Greece.

I've seen four leaders which play constantly poor (8 games out of 10): Washington, Suleiman, Montezuma and Kamehameha.
Of course, there are exceptions to every rule: In one recent game (a map with 3 continents), Monty allied Bismarck on one continent and they both took out Suleiman and Oda, on the second continent Washington with Hiawatha took out Siam and Greece.

The AI that consistently do the best are the ones who grab the most land and have XML values that don't take them into suicidal extremes; this has been a common theme in civ at least since civ III. The XML personality tendencies really are the best place to look for which AIs meet this criteria as they'll show you what 100's of games of testing will tell you; the aforementioned tendencies do the best on average.

Of course, spawn luck and who is near who also have a tremendous impact.

I gotta say Bismark in most of the games that I encounter him. He pouts and belly-aches the entire time while running a massive GPT deficit then gets rolled by whoever his neighbor is.

The AI that consistently do the best are the ones who grab the most land and have XML values that don't take them into suicidal extremes; this has been a common theme in civ at least since civ III.

This. As soon as I started to compile a list of the "Stupidest' leaders my thoughts immediately turned to the ones who make the fewest cities. I ended up going with "4 cities and cruise" Wu... The tiebreaker was a few recent incidents where I've had her suicide herself into me with the, "I stand no chance, but have to attack you now" reasoning.

Montezuma would have been a close second, but Ghengis Khan ends up with a dreadful negative economy every time I play and consequently gets picked on by everyone else

I would say Ramesses II. In every game I've played he just tends to sit in his own corner of the world and spam wonders. Not usually doing much expansion or building a decent military, by the end of the game he usually gets rolled or fades into obscurity.

Mongolia. I have never seen them be successful yet. They always over-expand and then get wiped out.

Persia always builds one city and never expands either.

Anyone who declares war on me once I have iron hooked up.

This post made me laugh.

---

Montezuma seems to enjoy some exotic form of masochistic consisting of DoW'ing everybody he's contacted and subsequently getting steamrolled.

Monty gets my vote.

Mongolia. I have never seen them be successful yet. They always over-expand and then get wiped out.

I second this. It's gotten to the point where I'll go out of my way to conquer them during a period when my civ isn't even particularly strong. Also, Genghis always seems so angry, at everybody. You, other AI, that nearby horse that looked at him funny, the latest winner of American Idol - the entire world.

Washington.Because it's funny to piss of americans:lol:

The only time that I believe I saw a city state take a city was with Ramses. I was at war with him, and Edinburgh was my ally, and attacking his last remaining city, which was as close as possible to Edinburgh. I watched it to see what would happen, and I think Edinburgh took it, although I cant remember if that was the case.

He gets my vote for this.

Mongolia. I have never seen them be successful yet.

I definitely don't see that often in my games(mongolia unsuccessful that is), but that is true for me with kamehameha in all the games I've played.

Hrm. Strange. I find Egypt to be a great empire builder, especially early on and can be very aggressive. Perhaps that's what is getting Egypt killed in your games? Unsuccessful aggression? Persia, usually spams cities for me and dominates with mass gold/mass city states. Mongolia has conquered an entire continent before I met him.

I voted China because she typically sits on 2-3 cities in my game for some reason.

When we're thinkin bout the best leaders you also have to consider traits. Siam does well because his ua is very straightforward in terms of its bonuses.

Songhai, Greece, India I find are all very subpar. Songhai floats a ton of gold and invests none of it in science or cs. Alex gets subjected to NATO style smackdowns due to his conquering. India is usually the victim of everybody. America doesn't seem to do anything, period. Arabia and ottoman don't seem to understand the purpose behind their UAs.

More dangerous civs are usually Japan, Germany, Iroquois, France and rome. Very level headed and can compete quite well. Mongolia is hugely dangerous at times if left alone, and spits acid like nobody's business if you provole him.

China and Siam by far are the most dangerous competitors

Harun, because he ALWAYS gets stuck beside me. Builds TWO cities with 20+ pop and then gets butthurt at me for expanding into his territory.

Move it or lose it pal.

In other news, I'm playing a game as america, about to get my ass handed to me by the entire map. Thats beside the point, Siam and Monty spawned next to each other and had decent sized empires. I dunno what happened, but something, somewhere went horribly wrong. Siam kicked the ever loving CRAP out of Monty. He left monty one tiny island city. Siam now has a sprawling empire and has befriended every. single. City State.

Hilarious. Later on I went to trade with monty and he said he'd sacrifice 10 people to mark the ocassion of my visit. I gave him a little extra.

Washington. Acts friendly at first, declares war on you for little to no reason, then gets slaughtered because he didn't build up his military much before he declared war.

Top Bottom