PolyCast Episode 240: "Embrace the Confusion"

I think we're way past being patient and coddling the developers.
This has never been a factor so long as I've been on these forums.

I'm unsure why you'd assert this except to deride other positions contrary to your own as doing so. Doesn't seem like it advances the topic, really. When it comes to Artifacts there are a number of variant opinions, no matter of debate will get people to necessarily agree. There isn't always a superior, definitive solution, either, because for that to happen you'd have to get everyone agreeing on what the problem is (if there is one with regards to Artifact availability).

^ Ahhh. (I had only gone back to the most previous episode comments discussions in an effort to refresh my memory.)

Yes, that has been covered.

I haven't been able to find it in Episode 239.

Thanks for the invite to be on this episode. Sadly, I didn't get the message until long after it was recorded, and I didn't get around to playing Rising Tide until November and December anyway (so wouldn't have had anything to contribute anyway) :/

But I did finally get around to posting my own review, so in lieu of being in the actual episode, here's a link:
http://www.megabearsfan.net/post/20...eyond-Earth-Rising-Tide-expansion-review.aspx

On the upside, I apparently missed out on the whole "war score" fiasco, since I didn't start playing the game until after that had been patched to at least be functional - even though it's still not that great a feature.

Maki, Phil, Madjinn, I apologize in advance for any reaction that Dan might have to the headers :p

Great episode everyone. I really liked hearing all the diverse opinions about the game from the different guests.

Thanks for the invite to be on this episode. Sadly, I didn't get the message until long after it was recorded, and I didn't get around to playing Rising Tide until November and December anyway (so wouldn't have had anything to contribute anyway) :/
You're welcome, and no worries, though even if you hadn't had a chance to play RT as of this recording you could have contributed your take on the community's assessment of is still.

But I did finally get around to posting my own review, so in lieu of being in the actual episode, here's a link:
http://www.megabearsfan.net/post/20...eyond-Earth-Rising-Tide-expansion-review.aspx
As it happens this was discussed as part of the recording of Episode 246, but got cut from the final release due to runtime. It has been archived for publishing at a late date, probably around mid-2016.

On the upside, I apparently missed out on the whole "war score" fiasco, since I didn't start playing the game until after that had been patched to at least be functional - even though it's still not that great a feature.
As implemented today I still do not think it is yet a great feature -- that is, it can and hopefully will be should further revisions come about.

Maki, Phil, Madjinn, I apologize in advance for any reaction that Dan might have to the headers :p
:lol:, well, you did ask for foregiveness not permission... :mischief:

Great episode everyone. I really liked hearing all the diverse opinions about the game from the different guests.
Thank you kindly. :)

As it happens this was discussed as part of the recording of Episode 246, but got cut from the final release due to runtime. It has been archived for publishing at a late date, probably around mid-2016.

Awesome. I look forward to hearing it. Full disclosure though, I revised the score down a couple notches since you probably discussed it. Was playing it a little bit more over the past week, and am really not liking the sound design, so I docked a few points off. It's now sitting at a 76 / 100.

I also revised my score for vanilla BE around the time that I posted the RT review, since, in hindsight, it didn't hold my attention as much as I expected it to. One of the challenges of reviewing a game like civ is that it's hard to gauge its long-term addictiveness until you've actually spent a long time playing it (or not playing it, as the case may be) :/

As implemented today I still do not think it is yet a great feature -- that is, it can and hopefully will be should further revisions come about.

Indeed. I really hope that diplomacy in general gets a lot of revision, and war score in particular. And hopefully we won't have to wait until another expansion (if one is even planned) in order to get these systems up to spec.

Enjoyed this. I like the idea of the mini interviews.
Glad you enjoyed the format! It's not something we're inclined to do as a matter of standard practice, but on the occasion of a new computer Civ title release it is becoming our preferred approach... and much of that has to do with its positive reception such as yours.

I'm also glad to see most are generally optimistic about BE going forward.
Cautiously optimistic, perhaps, but optimistic yes.

Top Bottom