PolyCast Episode 320: "Random Other Stuff"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
Mishmash. The three hundred-and-twentieth episode of PolyCast, "Random Other Stuff", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, Stephanie "Makahlua", Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew and Jason "MegaBearsFan" Grade with first-time guest Laura "WillowBrook". It carries a runtime of 59m59s.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 02m34s | Forum Talk
Taking in the suggestion that only building Warriors is the way to go at the outset of a Civilization VI game, responding to the assertion that Appeal is "irrelevant" (11m03s) and pushing back on how Unique Improvements are destroyed upon capture (17m20s); then, proposing a meshing of Era Score, Alliances and shared victories (24m33s; recorded for Episode 308) and dozens of pages and tens of thousands of pageviews later: "all quiet" on the Civ front... or is it? (28m30s)
- 30m21s | Theatre
Past peaceful expansion for present conquest and declaring war on one's self in an Emergency clash?
- 41m50s | Open Mic
Asks "etsharry" during a live recording of the show: "[do] you guys mind[,] and I think I heard before you do[,] if there was even more micro/speed required in Civ to be a good player" (recorded for Episode 319).
- 46m00s | News
First the iPad, and now the iPhone: Civilization VI arrives on the cellular mobile platform.

- Intro/Outro | Assorted
Breaking the ice and cause for hesitation.

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production recording live every other Saturday throughout the year, in an ongoing effort to give the Civilization community an interactive voice; sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding, TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

You do a really nice job of making us sound good, Dan!

I noticed that you managed to cut out our (deliberate or inadvertent) insults of various geographic locations - good audience loss prevention. :p

Thanks again for the opportunity to be on the show!

You do a really nice job of making us sound good, Dan!
:king: -- thank you kindly.

I noticed that you managed to cut out our (deliberate or inadvertent) insults of various geographic locations - good audience loss prevention. :p
:D

Thanks again for the opportunity to be on the show!
You are welcome. We enjoyed your participation and hopefully at some point again in the future. :cool:

Oh right upgraded units get a promotion. I almost never remember this.

Top Bottom