Polygon feature on CivBE development

SupremacyKing

Prince
Long article is a behind the scenes on the development of CivBE:

http://www.polygon.com/features/2014/7/23/5913299/Civilization-Beyond-Earth

No new info on the game but I liked this description of a supremacy leader:

McDonough describes walking into the QA department at Firaxis and watching someone playing the game, engaging in diplomacy with a rival leader who's used advanced technologies to evolve himself into a part man, part robot.

"He looks like a mutant Klingon," McDonough says. "His eyes are glowing yellow and he's angry at you.

And this is priceless:
this great franchise, now includes cyborg leaders with glowing yellow eyes threatening you with laser beam death and giant Siege Worms.

:goodjob::goodjob:

Firaxite eye implants? Niiiice :D

I really, really enjoyed this feature on Polygon. Thanks for sharing.

I was intrigued to find out that both these guys got hired by Curt Shilling's massive $100 million dream to contribute to Kingdom and then came back to Firaxis to be lead designers. That gives me more hope for this game; the truism that you learn more from failure than success.

In retrospect, Jon Shafer comes across as a dreamer but a bit naive. Even his new kickstarter game is already delayed a year. Civ V came out with great moments but as a flawed, flawed game. But those moments led to BNW which is a brilliantly fun game.

I hope these guys combine to make a good game. Even if it takes a few months to find the right patch, it'd be lovely if the game were great from the start rather than need an expansion. I found the feature a bit inspiring, and hope they can do it.

These guys have seen a lot of

[to_xp]Gekko;13351346 said:
I thought this article was a waste of time, zero info about the actual game :/

"See, you missed it. Because where I'm going ain't nearly as important as why I'm going there."

A Perfect World

Top Bottom