Poor, poor Ashy...

VladTepes

Clown Prince of Wallachia
rofl it's called a choke for a good reason... look at all those melee siege units choked up

he is attacking with 3000 year old technology siege units, I don't see how he gets that city with or without your help there.

Wow that river positioning creates an insane defense. It's basically a permanent Great Wall for that city.

I've also noticed that Assyria will swarm a dozen Siege Towers against a city defended with Riflemen and be really surprised when things don't go their way. I wonder why they don't upgrade. Used all their iron on other units, maybe. Any way you slice it, the AI is stupid.

I've also noticed that Assyria will swarm a dozen Siege Towers against a city defended with Riflemen and be really surprised when things don't go their way. I wonder why they don't upgrade. Used all their iron on other units, maybe. Any way you slice it, the AI is stupid.

Iron? Huh? Siege Towers upgrade along the Catapult line, no resources required until Rocket Artillery (Aluminum).

BTW, what map type is this? Looks interesting with all the lakes.

Iron? Huh? Siege Towers upgrade along the Catapult line, no resources required until Rocket Artillery (Aluminum).

Oh right, back in vanilla they required iron but not in G&K or BNW. OK so I have no idea why Assyria loves fielding swarms of Siege Towers in the Industrial Era.

AIs have a tendency to spam their Unique Units. Despite the fact they may be out-matched unit-wise, and even if they have the technology to upgrade, they seem reluctant to do so.

Myself, I find it very hard to upgrade those siege towers. They are so very nice for clearing an entire continent. I always shed a tear.

But up to the Industrial era? No way!

i suspect the AI logic looks at the future upgrade strength of the very next upgrade, and decides it is not worth it. It does not take into account the entire upgrade path.

Oh right, back in vanilla they required iron but not in G&K or BNW. OK so I have no idea why Assyria loves fielding swarms of Siege Towers in the Industrial Era.

When you spam so many cities, you tend to fall quite a bit behind...like Ashy there, he's still in the Medieval era...:crazyeye:

I once had a Korean city with a similar defensive set-up. LOL that was the only time I've ever successfully murdered rafts of impis.

That's gotta be the most defensible location ever. How did that happen?

Yeah, I was going to come in here to point out a civ using Siege Engines against Gatling Guns likely has bigger problems and then I saw that city. The best way I can think of attacking it involves allying or capturing Kathmandu (by sea) first.

BTW, that's what I like about 1UPT. It really makes the map come alive.

Build a road. Always send a worker with your army, preferably two. A hill with a road becomes an advantage. Let units cover him while he builds the attack path. I always put a road through a forest or hill next to a tough city.

I couldn't even imagine how tough that city would be to take with upgraded artillery garrisoned. The only reasonable way to take it with either a combo of naval units, cannon fodder, air power, and generous ranged siege or ranged placements. There are 4 spots that a ranged or siege could line up and fire on turn 2, possibly earlier if you have a road or if you have a UA that helps (Inca comes to mind...)

Top Bottom