[Vanilla] Possibility to import RF units into Vanilla

I've just bought Civ 6 Gold through STEAM (which includes Vanilla + 6DLCs + Rise and Fall Expansion sets). (well there's discount promo by the moment i've purchased it) and not sure if there's any modding tools compatible with this current patch. (And not sure which tools Moar Units was made). but having RF units in Vanilla does appeal to me though. (especially with Golden Age race and Dark age relegations are excessively nerve wracking)... Also I'd like to join the 'Modding Wulin'. First.
1. Is it possible to port new units from RF into Vanilla? (and to which extent?)
2. Did Vanilla code accepts Convoy and Spec Ops

It's possible but none of experienced modders will do it because Firaxis will not like it.

1. I don't know.
2. Anything from both expansoins should be reproducible in vanilla game. DLC does not use another executable, they are just mods.

If I choose to make Pike and Shot with existing Vanilla materials rather than importing RF materials. what are recommended modmaking tools? (i think i saw ones that permits modder to make or modify units by swapping pieces and bits readily available and even resizes some. like making onager by swapping catapult wheels with bombard... for example.)

1. Is this practice against Modding Ethics declared here in this forum too?

Because i'm not experienced.
2. Did Vanilla contains / support 'paradrop' (that supports Spec Ops) and 'additional action points' (Convoy) too?
1/

Not directly, but while Firaxis may not care (that doesn't means that they explicitly allow it) if some assets of their previous games are directly converted to one of their new game, they do care if a mod brings their new assets to an older game, or some DLC assets to the base game.

In the later case, when they ask (as they've done in the past), we remove such mods, and we may even act preemptively if we are aware of such a mod, so I'd advise against making one.

Now there are always grey areas in modding, if for example you were to use a custom-made 3D model of a paratroopers units then rig it to the existing expansion animations and release it for vanilla, the mod may be allowed. Emphasize on "may", but IIRC there was a post somewhere from Firaxis answering this question in relation to how much personal work should be done on an existing asset to not be considered a simple direct conversion.

2/

I don't think for paradrop, the "m_bCanParadrop" variable for units is only referenced in the XP1 and XP2 gameplay DLLs. So even if you made a custom model, you'll still need to code the action.

For convoy, I think you can directly create a new unit with that effect in vanilla, the <ModifierType> "MODIFIER_PLAYER_UNITS_ADJUST_MOVEMENT" is available for all version of the game.

Top Bottom