[POSSIBLE BUG] Joint war - no peace

Lord Yanaek

Emperor
Hi. It's only a suspicion, but it seems like if two AIs decide to join forces against you, they will be stuck at war with no way to negotiate peace.

In a recent game, i got DoWed by Asia and France in early mid-game (they were my closest neighbors) they never managed to actually damage my cities, only killed a few units. I stationed guards at the borders and pillaged them to get money (as i couldn't trade) and kept growing and teching. At several occasions, i would ask Asia (she was friendly when she dowed me) for peace, but she wouldn't even negotiate, just the one line "this is no time for peace". Of course she was stronger back then.
Later i had range 3 ships and artillery bombing her cap to 0 HP each turn and 3 True Battlesuits camping 1 tile away from this same cap (so i can take it anytime i want) and she still refuses to even negotiate peace.
During this time, ARC have been dowing Polystralia several times and always making peace. Africa DoWed me too but after i pillaged them and moved Lev Destroyers to their border, they begged for peace offering a 19 pop city in the deal (didn't take the city as i didn't want it) so obviously it's not a matter of AIs being over-confident all time.

As a test, i've wiped France, sure enough Elodie would never talk about peace, even when her last city was at 0 HP with a Dragoon ready to capture it. The very next turn, i contact Asia and she immediately accept to negotiate.

I've read a negative evaluation at steam from someone complaining that AIs would rather be obliterated then talk about peace. He had been double dowed too.

Now, in CiV, when you joint DoW someone, there is a timer before you can negotiate peace (in order to avoid abuses i guess). Would it be possible this timer is bugged in BE and prevents AIs from negotiating peace even after lots of turns and even if they are about to be wiped from the surface of the planet?

I have attached a save from the turn before i finally decide to wipe France in case it does help.

Attachments

• Kavitha Thakur_TURN 269.CivBESave
    746.2 KB · Views: 118
Oh. The same thing had crossed my mind just a hour or two ago. I was double DoWed by polystralia and asia. First I reduced polystralia to the 1 city, then I though asia will be more talkative about peace deal, but no. I completely obliterated asia, and then some time later polystralia had crawled to me himself and asked for peace with a hefty 1200 energy as a tribute.

No solid proof from my side, though.

I was at war with PAC and ARC for at least 30 turns and neither would make peace until I eradicated the other.

I've had the same thing happen to me. Got DOWed by ARC and SF around t60, it's now around 180, and neither has been willing to negotiate peace even though I am stronger than both of them combined (I just haven't bothered taking all of their citites).

:bump:
Is this issue being investigated? Do you need a post-patch save? It seems like other people are still having that issue.

BTW, each time i joined a war with an AI against another one, i could make peace but my AI "partner" and the target would stay at war for the rest of the game so it looks like this same bug, if there's a bug, could be abused by humans to lock AIs into never-ending wars.

I am having the same issue. Good thing they tested the patch for a hole month otherwise we would have even more game braking bugs like that.

Why does this game feel like its done by amateurs?

Having this issue. I assume it is a bug and not a feature.

I keep having this issue every couple of games. I find it a really annoying bug, it ruins these games. Could you please fix it. I don't want to wait till the next fall patch.

I suppose I should report I am also having this problem. I first had it not too long after the patch, maybe late November/early December. I took a city from Civ A and it still gave me the "now is not the time for peace" business. I turned to Civ B and took a city from it with the same result. I went back to attacking Civ A and totally annihilated it. And all the time, even the turn before I'm about to take his capital and shut him down for good, it still wouldn't talk peace. After eliminating Civ A and turning back to Civ B after I took another city it finally sued for peace. And of course by this point in time every single civ absolutely hated me as a nasty warmonger.

I didn't play CivBE again until a few days ago and again I got the same two-civs-declare-war-cannot-sue-for-peace bull. This time I just shored up my defenses in two cities closest to those civs and mostly ignored them. Every now and then I had to fend off attacks but I was able to finish the game relatively peacefully.

It is an annoying enough issue that I probably won't play CivBE again until it has been fixed.

Top Bottom