Possible to slow down game date?

AlextheGr8

Warlord
Is there a way to slow down the game date when playing on quick speed? I get to the 2000's real fast, but am not that advanced in the modern techs yet.

If you're entering the game's modern era around the years 1950-2050, that's about as accurate as we can get. The correlation between date and turn depends a lot on playstyle and map settings. Some games will go faster, others slower, and as long as it's in the right ballpark I think it's okay.

The game date could be hidden entirely from my point of view, because I only play marathon game speed and the game date is neither correct, nor does it has any relevance for me.

My last two games have been on Marathon and Epic. Both times neither I or any AI's entered the Classical period until approx 0 - 100 AD and the Medieval until well after 1000 AD. This was not a problem until very recently when the tech times were extended significantly on both speeds. Was there a reason for tinkering with tech development times when it was previously working in a reasonable fashion?

I was getting feedback that eras were too early compared to dates. It's impractical to get it to match up for every possible combination of map settings, so I just estimate things. :)

Is it possible to slow the number of years that pass per turn down? Then when the human player hits a new era jump ahead to the relavant year?

After all this is simply a representation right? It has no gameplay effects at all?

Is it possible to slow the number of years that pass per turn down? Then when the human player hits a new era jump ahead to the relavant year?

After all this is simply a representation right? It has no gameplay effects at all?

The years are set in the game by a table of how many years to jump for turns x-y. I don't believe there's any way to jump ahead like that.

Are you guys ganging up on me now? Sheesh...

@Tahl: um I would say 1st human that hits the next era pushes the game date forward to the next era. Or perhaps the middle player... that way the first few players feel like they are ahead.

@Zaldron: um, Moriarity why are you always throwing them negative waves? I just drive em', I don't know what makes em' go...

New Idea: Instead of a straight date how about putting a ~ in font of it? :D

IMO if the game date for quick speed was put back around 100 years that would be almost perfect. 150 maybe. Right now I suck at science, but the fastest AI always gets to the industrial era far before me. Problem is the game date says around 1950. If it was 1850 or earlier and the AI entered the industrial era that would be much better.

Top Bottom