Post when you're in!

"The Steam servers are too busy to handle your request for Sid Meier's Civilization:Beyond Earth". Grrrrr! And now I have to get ready to go to work. 6.10 in Sweden. I hope the servers are less busy tonight....

Well, I've been playing for five hours straight and I think it's time to go to bed (it's 6 am btw.)
But I have to say that the game definitely has some issues. The UI in the city screen would be better if it was just like Civ 5.
Diplomacy and AI need an expansion and overhaul. Without luxury trades and research agreements there really isn't much reason to talk to other leaders. Hutama DoWed me (to be fair, I smashed a station he was trading with and excavated stuff right at his border) and just wouldn't make peace. Offensives are pretty difficult due to canyons, but he does send trade convoys through my territory from time to time.

had to force steam to do an update to unlock, now waiting to finish unpacking, about 4 minutes away

Activated and played for 2 hours. :thumbsup:

Well played for over an hour now, interesting. When I first tried to play I couldn't get past the "click to continue" screen. Couldn't even get rid of it in task manager kept getting a do you really want to quit screen in which I also couldn't click the "Yes". Finally just reset the computer reloaded the game and it works fine, probably something to do with my using a 4K monitor, Civ5 has to be run twice anytime I switch from 1080p to 4K.

I am IN! And because I ordered a hardcopy, I got a nice Supremacy poster as well! Boo-yah! :woohoo:

D

I'm about 2 hours in.. Would be more but I needed to spend 90 minutes figuring out why I had no sound. Damn Windows.

Enjoying it so far but having a hard time keeping track of what tech I need for what resource. Settled an outpost next to a resource that I have no idea if I need and will take a long time to get tech for.

Aliens have left me alone. Except for that one time they ate a colonist the second he left my borders. Bleh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am IN! And because I ordered a hardcopy, I got a nice Supremacy poster as well! Boo-yah! :woohoo:

D

I bought the hard copy because I thought I wouldn't have to deal with Steam.:p Misinformation and/or misunderstanding, but.....

Now I'm thinking of selling it or sending it back.

As an Old Old Civ'er I must say that Steam is a Big intrusion and detriment. I may not have internet in a few years being I'm a retiree and it might not fit my budget.

JosEPh

I bought the hard copy because I thought I wouldn't have to deal with Steam.:p Misinformation and/or misunderstanding, but.....

Now I'm thinking of selling it or sending it back.

As an Old Old Civ'er I must say that Steam is a Big intrusion and detriment. I may not have internet in a few years being I'm a retiree and it might not fit my budget.

JosEPh

Once Steam authenticates the game once, you can "go offline" and never see the internet again if that is your wish. Personally, I'm thinking that when I retire (which won't be for quite some time), there's an extremely long list of things I'll give up before internet access; I'd give up phones first. It's a basic utility anymore.

Top Bottom