Post your best start

omglazers

Warlord
Put pics of the best start you've had recently in a game. If you're playing a game now, go load the autosave for the initial map and show us your start.

I just read a thread on Gilgamesh so I decided to load up a game and try one as him. I need motivations to try new leaders.

And what do I see, but on a Terra map, this lovely gem.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hello COMMERCE capital of the world!

And just check out my region north.

I feel like if I don't win this game by a huge margin, I really must suck [monarch]

Attachments

• greatstart.jpg
    greatstart.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 667
  • greatstart2.jpg
    greatstart2.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 664
Thats incredible - good luck to you (or maybe not as you dont really need it :o)

I hope the AI don't grab any of those wonderful sites.

why aren't my starting positions ever that good!?:cry:

I think this was a start on Warlord difficulty. Moved scout on the first turn, popped a goodie hut for a settler.

Hmm. It looks like I don't have the autosave anymore, but a couple of weeks ago I had a start that included one pig tile, five floodplains, and four(!) gold mines. Just to make things a little more ridiculous, one of the remaining grassland tiles ended up containing iron.

I almost quit the game then and there, but I couldn't quite resist the temptation to found six religions and then sweep the the primitive world clean with my ecumenical tanks of diversity.

Edit: I forgot to mention that my settler started out on a riverside Plains Hill. So there wasn't even the slight disappointment of settling on a floodplain and killing the overlay.

"ecumenical tanks of diversity" - I think that's my new favorite phrase.... :)

What were your game settings omglazer? I don't usually see that many resources on an entire continent. :eek:

What were your game settings omglazer? I don't usually see that many resources on an entire continent. :eek:

Normal game, Terra map.

Im going to take a picture of this continent later tonight.

It's..

It's stunning.

I've never seen so many resources in my life.

I've never been able to succeed on Monarch ever. I've even got Aggressive AI and Raging Barbs on but i'm just untouchable at this point.

Started 1NE of where i settled. I dont take alot of screens but i had thought i had pretty decent start in a game a few days ago and decided to take one.

Ofcourse it didnt take me long to relize that i screwed myself over my losing 3 hills(all my hills!!) for a 4th clam. Ah well, thats one incredibly noob move i learnt from. I just saw so much food i wasnt thinking striaght. Made me really wish i was a Financial civ with fishing...

Wish i had a screen of another game where i had 1gem, 2gold ,1silver(plains hill), 2fur(river plains) and grassland hill copper in my caps bfc(wont 4get that nice mix of luxury!). I was lucky enough to have the gems and copper 'pop' under a mine very early and only 5 or so turns apart. :)

+Rome FTW

A long time ago I got a Warlords start with 11 within city range including stone marble, wine, and gems - but with BTS I have yet to get better than 5 or 6, and with 6 that nearly is always something like 4 ocean resources + corn and pigs or similar.

I can't never get these good starts. No matter how many times I regenerate, I always get less than premium start. I know, somebody think it's cheap to play with good start, at the very least, I want to try that. Must try again.

That's the best start I've seen and will ever see.

I agree. Never saw Gold AND Gems near Capital city. Had 5 Gems, 2 Ivory, one Corn, one Clams once with Friedrich in Warlordtimes. Never got anything better reg. Resources...

does it count as a good start if it was one of the two Capitals i axed before they got archers on my last Marathon game?

I don't have a screenshot, but as HC I started with good production capital, had stone and granite within walking distance, and there was a Floodplain-heavy area for my first settler.

I had to work hard not to get wonders, and I won a space race victory with a score more than double my nearest competitor's. :)

Don't have that game anymore, but I had a start on a river, with a corn, cattle, and fish. Gold was in one of the hills, as I progressed, it turned out there was also iron and coal in the city square. Also as good, close, but not too close, were wheat, marble, two horses, clams, wine, sugar, all along the same river. Worked quickly to colonize those areas.

Top Bottom