Post Your Ship Designs

monkeyman90000 said:
how do u get the skin darker i mean when ever i make a ship its alway the same color white never grey or anything

You choose the colour of your ships at the start of a game.

Wow! That's one hell of a Ship! :goodjob:
How much time did you spend creating it btw?

i'm still too early in the game to be able to have those big battle ships (just got large hull size a few turns ago)
there's something about the customization that throws me off - my ships usually end up looking ******ed because i cant get the custom parts to go in at the right place or angles lol
but the ones i've seen on here look awesome!

It takes a while to get used to it...

Ya know, it would be nice is if the ship design area was a lot larger than a dinky corner in the upper right-hand side. I spend more time putzing with ship design than playing the game (LOL). Heck, a full-screen design area would be super. Maybe Stardock can address this in a future patch.

Awesome Atlantean, that is indeed one hell of a ship.
I'm asking myself if I will have the skills and the patience to come up with that kind of ship designs. That is when I will get the game [mumble] ...stupid delay... [\mumble] :sad:

Can we get the design file for the Star Destoryer Atlantean?PLEEEEEASE!!!

I'd love to give the file up Cleric...but there are two problems.

1) Not sure if we're able to share ship designs yet, I've been inquiring at the official forums about how to do this...no one seems to have an answer yet.

2) I'm not sure the file for the "star destroyer" still exists. In the latest update notes it said that previous ship designs would be lost after installing the patch (I made that design the 2nd or 3rd day I was playing). Post-patch ships will be saved from now on. However if/when we can share designs you can be assured I'll try to get that one out.

Until then I can tell you that the base was a huge Terran hull (the diamond shaped one), primary color was silver/grey, trim color was black. Some of the major pieces like the shield generators (grid-like spheres on the bridge) were from the collector's edition parts. There are more images of it on the official GCII forums, including one on the main page in the latest "News" update!

Right now Drororon's battle ship and Atlantean Dragon ship are my two favourites.
I will have to upgrade my computer if I want to see these nice textures, though :(

I think they are located C:\Documents and Settings\USER\My Documents\My Games\GalCiv2

There are several folders here including ships,thats where my designs are stored.Of course I have yet to fix my graphic problem which makes my game very hard to play,but ithanks for sharing the design with us.

Here's my pride and joy (Terran civ, Terran hull design). I call it the Talon Cruiser, cuz all those spire-thingies kinda look almost claw- or talon- ish.

It's not perfect in terms of looks - I couldn't get the symmetry right in some places but it's the best-looking I've been able to produce after a few days of playing and tinkering w/ the ship designer. It's by far the strongest ship, though I didn't have room after adding all those Beam weapons to add a Point-Defense device, which I probably shoulda done. Unfortunately, during my second war w/ the Altarian Republic, I tested the first Talon Cruiser to go up against an Altarian fleet of two Frigates and it didn't go so well - it was overwhelmed, though it did manage to destroy one of the Frigates before it, too exploded. So now I'm back in the 100s in terms of money because i rush-built two more Cruisers and I'm building a third one so that I can put them together into one Fleet and kick some Altarian butt!

Wow, this is pretty cool stuff. I'm amazed you can make such varried designs. I might pick this game up.

:bump: Anyone got anymore? I'll post mine once I figure out how to, did you guys just use the Printscreen key?

blackheart said:
:bump: Anyone got anymore? I'll post mine once I figure out how to, did you guys just use the Printscreen key?

I'm currently too busy to play so i haven't any new ships. Once i create a ship that i like i will definitely post it! And yes we used the PrtScn key.

Top Bottom