Post Your Ship Designs

Fear the might of the Yor Collective!Their large ship Terminator is in the sector!

A fleet of medium Vanquisher starships.

And finally the capital ship of the Yor Collective!The YC Carnage Class!Crushing meatbags since March 2254!

Copperhead Class Battleship (Huge)

Razor Class Cruiser (Large)

Osprey Class Destroyer (Medium)

Common i need more of these to hold me over until i can offord to buy the game this summer!

I'm waiting until V1.1 to come out before really getting into the designing part myself. I'm just too confused with the "change hardpoint direction" :)

Some basic stuff I made before (didn't have that much time)

F-100 Laser Jet (first 4 strength beam fighter)

SC-1 Runner (early scout)

SC-512 Astrolens (sensor unit)

ST-A Blitz Krieger (high volume transport)

So, nothing too fancy yet, though I do like them for now...

Some early Designs for the Terran Fleet:

Sprite Tiny Scout Class

Liberty Fast Freighter Class

Gator Fast Transport Class

Dredgenaught Fast Constructor Class

Some More Terran Ships.

Vulture MkII Missile Fighter

Pincer MkI Laser Fighter

Napoleon MkIII Gunship

Tonight's new additions to my Terran Fleet. (BTW, I am going for a Larry Niven Known Space/2001/Star Trek hybrid theme in my designs this particular game.)

Sentry Class Long Range Spy Ship

Sprite MKII Long Range Scout

Nice nice nice- :)

has anyone ever seen that guy Lohengram again? He had really pretty Human Fleet designs :(

I tried to copy some designs (I know- there r times when I lack drive :D) but always come to a point where identifying every single structure part used becomes very difficult- nigh to impossible...

Dang I just got the game a few days ago and started to play around with ship creator. The things you guys are just amazing, it makes me want to go play around with the ship designer more. Winter what is the piece you used on the top of your Fast Star Crusier that makes the top look curved.

Along the hull? That's just a simple panel structure, 3 of them around the front gives it this curved look. I used the same panels for the underbelly, just that here I mounted these on top of some semi-circular bracket structures I built from bow to stern.

The only upsetting thing with this one is that while I used the cool no-hull mod by Darth Kryo, this very mod also shrinks this larger unit on the actual game map.

The maximal frame size isn't observed in that mod and all newly made ships will (!) be maxed out at about Cargo Ship size. Shrinking those oversized ones manualy in their respective text files ain't a problem, but up-sizing the "large" and "huge" type hulls-to-be is yet impossible with this mod. All blank files are the same maximum frame size (and I have no idea where one can change that).

Since I don't seem to be able to register at galcivII's homepage (I never seem to get my activation email :() I'm hereby making a request to be forwarded to Darth Kryo to develop his excellent mod insofar as to add the max frame coordinate size cap for ingame unit display, for each particular hull size accordingly. This way, the units will automaticaly recieve the correct sizes :) I would do it myself, but it all seems like chinese backwards to me at this point :(

WOW!!! those are cool looking ships, I can't wait to try out the demo.

One question about the ships as I can see you can custom design them, but does that also mean you can custom build the weapons and Shields and thing of that nature that make a difference on combat? for example if you placed most of your guns front of your ship and left back exposed could a ship come up behind you and destroy you easily? Sorry about this if its dumb Question I a Noob to GalCiv!!!

Top Bottom