Posting Restrictions in Final Spoiler Threads

Vynd

Prince
This came up in the WOTM8 thread. Why is it that in the final spoiler thread we're not allowed to reveal the location of late game strategic resources? Since no one is supposed to be reading the final spoiler thread who hasn't already submitted their game one would think that revealing the location of strategic resources there wouldn't matter. Is this perhaps a hold over from the days when there was a second spoiler thread between the first and final spoilers?

I think Idea is to make it is bit more dificult for hypotetical unsovory people to get too mach information.

It just seems like those hypothetical unsavory people can already get so much information, that telling them where the [modern resource] was doesn't seem like it would help them too much. It did take a lot away from my post in that thread though, because I had written a lot of fun stuff about the "war for the [modern resource]" before I realized I couldn't include it.

Its probably not particularly effective, but we need to draw the line somewhere. Unfortunately, it is fairly clear that the spoilers get read by people who don't 'qualify'.
really?

How untasty.
And here I am, not daring reading the current WotM spoilers should I break a leg and be stuck home with the game (only way I could have any kind of hope of playing this month's game).

Its probably not particularly effective, but we need to draw the line somewhere. Unfortunately, it is fairly clear that the spoilers get read by people who don't 'qualify'.
They must be pretty lousy players. Maybe even worse than the AIs...:lol: Even beginners realize they'll learn more from their mistakes than by cheating.

Yeah, it's not like you win any money for getting a good GOTM score. It's all for fun, and it's much more fun when you have no idea what's going to happen next.

Top Bottom