Preloading is very slow

householder

Lord of the Fleas
I have been preloading on Steam for the past 80 minutes or so. I am 79% done, but the rate of transfer has dropped precipitously. It has been running less than 100 kb/s for quite some time now.

I would guess a lot folks in the US are all trying to preload right before the release hour.

I made sure to do it a few days ago, I didn't want to be struggling through it either. Hopefully you gave yourself enough of a head start though!

I have been preloading on Steam for the past 80 minutes or so. I am 79% done, but the rate of transfer has dropped precipitously. It has been running less than 100 kb/s for quite some time now.

I would guess a lot folks in the US are all trying to preload right before the release hour.
Also, a lot of others might not have known what preloading is, and are downloading their copies post-release. :p

Yeah, I pre-loaded the other day. Took 15 mins. Definitely beats waiting until the last second.

took me 90 minutes last night (started 2am), about normal for a download that size on my "4G" connection. Doesn't release for another 1.5 hours in U.S. so if not many preloaded then it will really slow :).

I thought I preloaded a few days ago. When I saw it was ready I clicked play and it's downloading again??? Somewhat frustrating.

What's the point of preloading if you still have to download the game?

It still has to load a small file, took about five minutes. If it's redoing the whole thing maybe something was corrupted it does happen occasionally.

Top Bottom