• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Premature victory

arw

Chieftain
I've been having a great game - Civ 3 complete, Greeks, Monarch. I was looking forward to winning by conquest but it's 1954AD and it says I've won by score???

I thought score was calculated after 2050AD. I have searched and can't explain it, its really annoying. The only thing I can think of is the total playing time has gone over 24 hours, but I've searched and this doesn't seem to matter.

Can you help, I want to get a conquest!!

It is possible to chance the number of turns the game will last at game creation. Its 540 turns standard (and 1000 maximum)

Maybe you accidentally changed it to less than 540 at game creation?

Can you check the F8 screen?

No, that's not it. Time limit says 540 turns, current turn 443.

With the wonders victory do you have to have them all or just the majority when the last one is built? That could be the reason.

With the wonder victory, the game is over when all wonders are built, and the person with the highest score wins.

haha... unexpected domination is what probably happened... happens to me alot when i wanna get a conquest victory... but i forgot to turn off domination

you probably got 2/3rds the land and pop, and didn't realize it, and won a domination

if not, unexpected culture victory?

Cheers Theryman it's the wonder one, I built the last wonder so the game ended. Not sure why the wonder thing was turned on cos it's not a default setting, but I guess I'll have to re-load the game and not build the last wonder and hope no-one else builds it.

Out of interest, if you abandon a city with a wonder in it, can you re-build the wonder or does the wonder victory condition then become impossible?

I * think * that abandoning or destroying a city with a wonder in it does nothing whatsoever. The game counts the wonder as already built, even though it no longer exists.

@Taras: I did that on my most recent game! I was a turn away from my first SS victory, but then I built a city in the ruins of the Celts, and got bumped to 67% of land :mad: !

haha... unexpected domination is what probably happened...

those are really cool. once with temujin i tried to go for peaceful 100k (kinda weird with mongols, but nevermind) and then one of my cities had border expansion and the result was another domination victory :D (domination is the 60% of my victories)

those are really cool

really? i hate them... normally i am going for a victory i don't get that often (usually cultural), or i want to kill everyone before the game finishes, but then all of the sudden, it ends, and i don't get to do it...

take my byzantine game... (in post a picture of your empire thread)
i was almost going to get a 20k victory w/ my capital, Constantinople, in like 3 turns or so.... i have NEVER gotten one before... and all of the sudden, i realize that after i destroyed Japan and the Netherlands, i have like 69% of the land, and like 65% of the population.... since i was in Anarchy at the time (switching from Fascism, my wartime goverment) i couldn't pop rush, and it was too late to build lots of settlers or workers... the next turn i win a Domination... and it was because i wasn't paying attention when i conquered

really? i hate them... normally i am going for a victory i don't get that often (usually cultural), or i want to kill everyone before the game finishes, but then all of the sudden, it ends, and i don't get to do it...

take my byzantine game... (in post a picture of your empire thread)
i was almost going to get a 20k victory w/ my capital, Constantinople, in like 3 turns or so.... i have NEVER gotten one before... and all of the sudden, i realize that after i destroyed Japan and the Netherlands, i have like 69% of the land, and like 65% of the population.... since i was in Anarchy at the time (switching from Fascism, my wartime goverment) i couldn't pop rush, and it was too late to build lots of settlers or workers... the next turn i win a Domination... and it was because i wasn't paying attention when i conquered

Right-click->Abandon City

really? i hate them... normally i am going for a victory i don't get that often (usually cultural), or i want to kill everyone before the game finishes, but then all of the sudden, it ends, and i don't get to do it......

If you really hate Domination victories, you can disable the Domination Victory Condition at startup.

I always win by culture.

I get every wonder except 1 (AIs build it while i'm building important ones) and win right before a big war.

Last game I started WW1 and won by culture in the middle.

really? i hate them... normally i am going for a victory i don't get that often (usually cultural)

yeah me too, but usually for 100k, 20k still seems impossible to me even on monarch. but i learned one thing, be aware of mass wars when go for culture ;)

domination is the easiest victory at least in monarch. diplomatic is the lasiest. space race is the safest. 100k cultural is the most challenging at least for me. i will never ever manage to gain conquest or 20k victory, i'm sure.

I always win by culture.

I get every wonder except 1 (AIs build it while i'm building important ones) and win right before a big war.

Last game I started WW1 and won by culture in the middle.

what is your difficulty level then? well on chieftain and monarch one should be able to collect 90% of the wonders and that would mean a decent amount of culture..

If you really hate Domination victories, you can disable the Domination Victory Condition at startup.

i do... but sometimes i forget, say when i play a conquest game, and it lets you w/ domination/conquest/culture, and diplo... I forget it says domination, and i start, and i win a domination victory... but i am usually safe now.... just really angered me on my Byzantine game

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rotfl:

Nice. ;)

Top Bottom