Present Day

Since I started the UK/EU thing, I thought I would comment on it. I have no anti-UK sentiments at all and I just commented because several other scenarios have put the UK outside the EU and I found it strange. When I first commented I had not jet seen the scenario, but only your description of it. I did actually find it strange to remove the UK from the EU to make the EU less powerful, but then giving it the Ukraine and Turkey. Perhaps the EU should just be the EU. Anyway, I do not want you to change your scenario. It is yours. I just wanted to comment on a trend I did not understand. Especially since the UK is not that special regarding its EU position. I know that anglo-saxon tradition says the US and UK have a special relationship and view Europe in that way, but the rest of Europe is not really any more united than the UK is separate from it. IMHO.

Since I started the UK/EU thing, I thought I would comment on it. I have no anti-UK sentiments at all and I just commented because several other scenarios have put the UK outside the EU and I found it strange. When I first commented I had not jet seen the scenario, but only your description of it. I did actually find it strange to remove the UK from the EU to make the EU less powerful, but then giving it the Ukraine and Turkey. Perhaps the EU should just be the EU. Anyway, I do not want you to change your scenario. It is yours. I just wanted to comment on a trend I did not understand. Especially since the UK is not that special regarding its EU position. I know that anglo-saxon tradition says the US and UK have a special relationship and view Europe in that way, but the rest of Europe is not really any more united than the EU is separate from it. IMHO.

Good point, as I was making it I wondered who to give Ukraine to, but Russia is big enough as it is. Once I finish this essay (I'm procrastinating right now!) I'll start on the new version over the weekend, might look into making Turkey a separate civ - of course, that leads down the potential road of making a dozen new civs and splitting up the EU as people in this thread have suggested, which I'm personally not a fan of. What can I say, I'm a big bloc person.

Good point, as I was making it I wondered who to give Ukraine to, but Russia is big enough as it is. Once I finish this essay (I'm procrastinating right now!) I'll start on the new version over the weekend, might look into making Turkey a separate civ - of course, that leads down the potential road of making a dozen new civs and splitting up the EU as people in this thread have suggested, which I'm personally not a fan of. What can I say, I'm a big bloc person.

which is fine, EU should be a block because thats what happens.
laws, currency and military is party or completely unified already.
including britain :crazyeye:

if you like blocks i would consider unifying the UK with australia and canada, that would be powerfull.

I need help putting the flag graphics into right folder. When I downloaded the game, it downloaded just fine, but I can't find the flag graphics folder. I have the game saved in the BTS/public maps, and it opens fine, but all the flags are a solid color. Can someone post the flag graphics or a link to it? Thanks.

I support your decision to separate the UK from the EU. Although not necessarily more economically "special," per se than Germany and France, British foreign, military and economic policy are definitely divergent from those of her continental brethren. I can think of multiple cases where the UK would choose to intervene in an issue and the rest of the EU would not. And I doubt that these powers will come into too much conflict in the scenario. It makes sense to give Canada to the U.S. as they are so economically and culturally integrated. It also makes sense to give non-EU North Sea countries to Britain to denote its supremacy in the area militarily and economically and to make up for the power that Britain has that simply cannot be represented by even the best utilization of tiles on the British Isles. I don't think that any Germans or French or British should be offended or confused by this move, in 2009, it simply makes sense. And will probably turn out to be beneficial for both the EU and the UK as far as foreign trade routes are concerned.

I'd like to put my two cents in, so to speak. Well, I started a game as Russia. After doing some careful observing, I chose to absorb the Middle Eastern countries, such as Iran. So, I went to war with Iran. In about 8 turns, I had them conquered. I'm consolidating my forces, and am planning to invade the EU right now. I have two suggestions: The first: Would you try using Rhye's enlarged Earth? That would make room for more cities, ect. Also, maybe using a 50 civ dll?

All in all, I'm enjoying this greatly, and I congratulate you for developing this great senario.

Lean

Not bad. Is Obama the head of U.S.A.? :p
Let's bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran...

Haha indeed. Though that quote would have a lot more relevance if Obama had lost.

Lean & jefff, thanks for the kind words. Let me know how your gameplay goes.

It's come to my attention through dagarrison that there is a problem with the flag graphics. Is anyone else having this problem? In any case I will try and edit a third version that will have the correct corresponding files. I've noticed that the UK and Russia still get swamped by EU culture so I'll try and fix that too.

Great call on Obama as President, lol.

Got a problem, though it is likely people have discussed this before, I cant find it in the search or Google.

I am trying to play the scenario with the Next War mod, but I lose on the very first turn after the game loads up; 'You have been defeated!!!'.

All the cities are wiped out except for America and some Latin American countries.

What do I do to modify the scenario and play this with Next War?

I thought I'd put in my two cents to this scenario concept. I really like where its going so I decided to fuse it with the "New Balance 4.2" mod, make adjustments to the civics, alter variables in the scenario and rename it (if the creator doesn't mind) 2009: Modern Warfare.

Enjoy.

(P.S. Flags are included in this mod but are incorrect for the following players: Pakistan, African Union, Arab League, South America(?),& Latin America(?).)

EDIT: The mod file is too big (28.6 mb) so I attached the altered files. What you will need to do is download the "New Balance 4.2" mod, rename the mod folder "2009 Modern Warfare" and place all of the content from the zip file into the folder [yes you can copy over the original documents inside the mod folder], after that simply place the folder in the Mods directory and play :)

Link to New Balance 4.2 Mod: Link

(P.S.S. HIGHLY recommend playing on Marathon for this since some of the worlds powers have nearly completed the tech tree.)

Attachments

• 2009 Modern Warfare (Core Files).zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 260
OK, maybe I'm just not understanding clearly. I downloaded the "New Balance 4.2" mod to my desktop, then re-named it "2009 Modern Warfare." Then I downloaded the attached file from your post, "2009 Modern Warfare" (core files).zip, also to my desk top.

I dragged 2009 MW (core files) over to the re-named 2009 modern warfare file, then copied and placed the whole thing into civ4/bts/mods. I think the mod loaded ok, but there was no 2009 modern warfare scenario anywhere to choose. What did I do wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Well for one the scenario is still named "2009". As far as it not showing up you need to be playing BTS patched up to 3.17 and the folder needs to be placed in the following directory (assuming you're using Windows):

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\

After that all you need to do is load the mod and play the scenario :)

(P.S. I found some discrepancies when play testing certain nations so I've attached a newer version of the scenario file. This file needs to be placed in the PublicMaps folder of the mod itself, and yes you can copy over the older version.)

Attachments

• 2009.zip
    84.3 KB · Views: 208
@Ayetach

You can open your own thread, it would be more simple :(

So for 50-100 Mb file like the complete package you should try filefront or rapidshare or atomicgamer, both three seem to be free, i recommend toutefois filefront or rapidshare...

Happy working to you :goodjob: for your '2009 : Modern Warfare' little scenario/mod...
It will gain in visibility ;)

You could use 50 Civs dll because representing more modern nations...

Keep making :goodjob:

OK, I followed your instructions. Found the scenario OK within the mod, however, when I loaded it, the flags were all just solid colors (red, black, etc..) just like the problem I encountered when I tried playing this scenario before. any ideas?

OK, I followed your instructions. Found the scenario OK within the mod, however, when I loaded it, the flags were all just solid colors (red, black, etc..) just like the problem I encountered when I tried playing this scenario before. any ideas?

dagarrison,

I checked the download files and the folder containing the flags (assets/art/interface/TeamColor) and everything checks out. I would just double check if you have all your files in order.

Lachlan,

I would have probably done that, but this scenario was done (from the ground up) by daniel h and it would do him/her no justice if I took his/her work and slapped my name on it. Additionally the 40 civ dll is an interesting idea but one major factor I dislike with having too many civs is the massive web of diplomacy that becomes utterly ridiculous to sort through and make sense of. That will have to be someone else's undertaking should they want to contribute to that feature.

ok i did exactlyas you said, i have a patched 3.17 bts, and i placed the renamed New Balance 4.2 into 2009 Modern Warfare then i added the Modern Warfare(core files) to the folder correct? THEN i went to the modern warfare core files and selected public maps and put the new version of the 2009 scenario into that and it sitll shows no flag colors for Russia, or EU or any nation, wtf am i doing wrong?

Stalingrad,

I downloaded the files myself to double check the problems you're experiencing but all the flags do in fact show up. Where I think the mishap occurred is when you renamed the New Balance 4.2 folder containing the mod content to "2009 Modern Warfare" and added the core files you didn't replace the New Balance asset material and PublicMaps with the core file content, you need to drag all of the content from the core files folder and dump it into the renamed 2009 Modern Warfare directory. You'll know you're doing it right when the computer prompts you to confirm replacing several files. Hope this helps :)

Here's core files for the final release. I don't intend on modifying this any further but other people are welcome to it so long as there's no objection from the creators. Enjoy!

(P.S. Replace everything with the mod and core files, I've made many adjustments to the scenario file in particular.)

Attachments

• 2009 Modern Warfare Core Files - Final Release.zip
    192.9 KB · Views: 262
Top Bottom