• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Preserving the Republic - A Central American Victoria 2 Succession Game

Mosher

Mushroom dad
Hi, and welcome! Thanks to the earlier poll, the Federal Republic of Central America was selected.

The current rules are only these two:

No using the console, naturally
You serve a 4 year term, and another 4 year term if the party you started out as wins the election - if not, your session is over.

The roster is as follows:

• Mosher
  • Red_Spy
  • Mechaerik
  • Sonereal
  • Tyo
  • Calad

If you feel confident in your ability to play Victoria 2 and take the necessary screenshots/update your game, you can also ask to join the roster.

Year of our lord, 1836, January 1. The Federal Republic has existed for only a short handful of years, and it looks to be on the brink of destruction: the other states, fearful of Guatemalan domination, have risen up against the rightful federal government of Central America. The situation is bleak.

Spoiler :

Our glorious president, though, one Francisco Morazan, was a brilliant man. Stout and a former general's aide before assuming the presidency in 1835, his skill in strategy and tactics would ultimately bring about our success in the Civil War. He ordered a general mobilization of the lower class, resulting in a full 3,000 men mustering in Camayuga province, to reinforce his corps of 9,000 existing men. The first major battle of the Civil War is the Battle of Leon, north of the Nicaraguan capital, where 6,000 men of an advance force of the primary Nicaraguan Liberation Army were stationed. After a brief, and highly successful, battle, the Federal Army assumed their positions, north of the significantly larger Nicaraguan force in Managua. Nicaraguan generals, seeking to crush the Federal Army and ensure their independence, moved their forces north as soon as the garrison in Managua surrendered, encountering the Federal Army in the foothills of Leon. A slaughter ensued, as the Federal Army proved its worth under Morazan's careful leadership - the Second Battle of Leon turned the tides of the Civil War into the Federal Government's hands, destroying the largest pro-independence force in the nation. Seeing their outstanding victory, the British Empire sent an envoy to Guatemala City, seeking an alliance. Though President Morazan suspected an ulterior motive (influence in the game of Central American politics), he accepted - the FRCA was weak, and Britain strong.

Spoiler :

The Civil War, after that, was a mopup. Federal forces hunted down the remaining Nicaraguan nationalists, who fled into Federal-held Costa Rica, executing a handful of officers and allowing the remaining soldiers to return to their homes. Rebel forces in Honduras were intercepted as well, crushed by Morazan's keen mind and superior troops. The last combat of the Central American Civil War was the Battle of Rivas.

Spoiler :

With the destruction of any threats to the Federal Republic, Morazan demobilized the nation's military, reducing the Federal Army to a mere 6,000 soldiers, stationing them in Guatemala City. The next few years saw the spread of basic chemistry, modern medicine, education, and the organization of the military. In 1840, the election rolled around: it was a stomp for the liberal party, of which Morazan was a part. The liberals won 84% of the vote.

Spoiler :

During his second term as president, Morazan had to deal with a major outbreak of influenza; hundreds of pesos were spent to alleviate the suffering of the villages afflicted by it.

Spoiler :
IMG]http://i.imgur.com/sxbTzov.jpg[/IMG]

A crisis over the independence of Albania, caused by Russian and Austrian sword rattling, spilled over into war near the end of his term. The war pitted Austria, the Ottoman Empire, and Spain versus Russia and Belgium.

Spoiler :

A few months after the 1844 election began, however, Morazan convinced enough of Congress to pass a law loosening the restrictions upon voting; the effect did not change the result of the election, though it did mark an increase in conservative voters (25% of the vote).

Spoiler :

State of the Union:

Spoiler :

Subbed (especially since I voted for the FRCA).

Which mod are you playing? It doesn't look like base Vicky II.

Subbed (especially since I voted for the FRCA).

Which mod are you playing? It doesn't look like base Vicky II.

New Nations Mod+/gsg/ minimod for Heart of Darkness

New Nations Mod+/gsg/ minimod for Heart of Darkness

Ah. I know APD added some events to simulate the breakup of the FRCA, didn't know if your mod contains the same. If you have them, it'll be more of a challenge. :)

Ah. I know APD added some events to simulate the breakup of the FRCA, didn't know if your mod contains the same. If you have them, it'll be more of a challenge. :)

New Nations Mod and PDM/APD share a lot of events, since NNM is part of APD. The events are indeed present.

Put me on list. I love succession games.

You need New Nations Mod and /gsg/ minimod, found here:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?683896-HoD-New-Nations-Mod

http://www.mediafire.com/download/z77c5t2ltsv50ah

I'll put you on the list, after tyo.

New Nations Mod and PDM/APD share a lot of events, since NNM is part of APD. The events are indeed present.

:lol:

Wait...

I don't think the maximum badness fired if you are already at 1844. That, or the rebels are way weaker than when I played APD.

:lol:

Wait...

I don't think the maximum badness fired if you are already at 1844. That, or the rebels are way weaker than when I played APD.

The maximum badness doesn't fire unless a few states declare independence, which none did; clever use of terrain defeated the rebels before they could break the FRCA.

I thought there was an event that immediately freed all of the states and you could either recognize them or be in a war with them under the Civil War CB. Maybe they reworked the event chain.

I thought there was an event that immediately freed all of the states and you could either recognize them or be in a war with them under the Civil War CB. Maybe they reworked the event chain.

This doesn't occur unless a couple of states manage to declare independence, in which case every state will break free and the above will happen.

All clear now. So what I'm hearing is, the super event can still happen...

I think Red_Spy needs to post some turns. :D

Top Bottom