President's Thread Term 6

Memphus

Deity
Please Post Away in this thread!!

There will always be a link to this thread from the State of the Empire thread so If you see something in There You can Always post in here!

Additionally the State of the Empiure Thread will now include Quick Links to All other Term Threads.

Very nice! :thumbsup:

Hopefully this new plan will provide a good balance between the highly-actives that need organization, and the moderately-actives that just want to read and respond with their input!

There’s no need to immediately move ongoing discussions in other threads, but just as a reminder, technically, discussions related to Civics, Religion, and Settlement should take place here in the President’s thread (as those are his departments!).

:salute:

From the Turn Update:
Memphus said:
Sly Bobcat N onto the hills (circle anyone ? :crazyeye: )

I'm not sure I understand this? What did you mean here Memphus?

From the Turn Update:

I'm not sure I understand this? What did you mean here Memphus?

Last turn he moved South, the Turn Before He was North,

Bascially he has done this over the last 5 turns:

Up down Up Up Down Down Up

Two things -

@ Mr. President: Could you add a link to the discussion thread in your turn update? Thanks :salute:

According to this list Harkuf is indeed a great merchant, specific to Egypt.

Just a quick note – you can't see it in Memphus's screenshot, but there is a Fish resource in that tile SE-E from the Iron. Makes a potential city location there a bit more viable.
Something like this…

At least would have 2 forests, 1 grassland, 1 grassland hill, 1 fish costal, 3 regular costal, and the Iron. Not great – but not a total waste either. (Grassland tile would be overlap with Port of Mists)

Still not a very nice city location. :(

(I'm finally back BTW, I've been gone for 2 weeks with only being on the web once or twice...)

I think the best place for that city is right ontop of the iron.

That way we get Fish & Whales.

However More Importantly we get a Northern Gate Between the East and West ;)

Which could hold a Key Naval Tactical Advantage.

Additionally the city would not have to be founded until we need iron (the turn it gets built we would have access to the iron :) )

Wait - if we build on the iron we actually don't have to mine it to gain access to it ???

I never knew that!

Does that hold for all special resources? (minus water one ;))

Does that hold for all special resources? (minus water one ;))

Correct. :)

And I am not sure but I am almost certain if you found a city on a resource before you have the tech you still get the bonus...although that may have been changed in a patch.

I.E. (this only works for resources you can initially see at the begging of the game) but if you founded on Wine then you get the +1 :) right away no need to discover Monarchy. Once again I am unsure of this one.

Wanted to offer an idea to update our settlement plan.
(I think someone may have mentioned this casually earlier)

What if we moved location EastGate down about 5 tiles South, then we could pick up an extra happiness luxury (Ivory), still get pigs, still have our water passage, and get a location with less jungle and more coast.

Screenshot:

Obviously the biggest drawback is being further away from reinforcements – but it may be worth it to get the extra happy resource. (esp since markets will multiply ivory into +2 happy faces)

Thoughts?

No comments?

Mr. President – this is ultimately your call.

And for reference, here's the current version of our settlement plan:

Proposed Order of Settlement:
* West Gate (almost done)
* Clam Cove
* Iron location (if available)
* Wool & Whales
* Jungle Iron Works
* Gem Slave Mines
* East Gate
* One Horse Town
* Mystic Hills

If you want to move the EastGate Location, I'll draw an updated map.
Also – now that we know where Iron is at… we may want to update our settlement plan to downgrade our priority on the Iron location.
Speaking of which – if I end up re-drawing the settlement map anyway, where do you want me to show the Iron location? Right on top of the Iron? To the SE a bit to grab a few more usable tiles?

What if we settled on your "New East Gate" location - city named Panama - and settled "East Gate" 1 tile N of its current proposed location?

Defense is concerned about the distance for reinforcements to the New East Gate location.

How do you come up with 1 turn?... Don't you need to be level 4 before you can get the +2 movement?

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I just have to know :)

Top Bottom