Problem with CvGameCoreDLL.dll in "World Size and Speed Mod"

WRobN

Chieftain
I downloaded the World Size and Speed mod and used it for my own mod.
But i noticed a weird thing.

With the CvGameCoreDLL.dll in place under "..\World Size and Speed\Assets\" the mod wont work at all.
If i remove it the mod will work but its very slow in loading the map.
Its the same with my merged mod. It wont run with the dll.

Whats the use of this CvGameCoreDLL.dll? And why wont it work?

Maybe the slow loading is because the dll is missing or broken because of a newer version.

Can someone help me out?

Thanks Padma :).

I downloaded this mod and used it for my own mod.
But i noticed a weird thing.

What mod?
Does the .dll work in the original mod?
How do you recognize, that it doesn't work in your mod?

What mod?
Does the .dll work in the original mod?
How do you recognize, that it doesn't work in your mod?

The World size and Speed mod (look in title :D)
I will edit the text so its also in the main text.

Just in case,

The original mod wont work with the dll.

All mods with this version of the dll wont work.

I still don't have any idea, what mod we're talking about.
But if the .dll doesn't work in the original mod, then you don't have the right patch for that mod. The mod itself is probably not up-to-date.
To update it, you need some programming knowledge, but could be done (if the source is provided).

Hmm, I did indeed make that little mod long time ago.. the included DLL was made for older BtS version and won't work in BtS 3.19. I think it's safe to delete the DLL since it's old Bhruic's unofficial patch. You could also check the xml files against BtS files with Winmerge program to see if you need to make changes since World Size and Speed mod doesn't contain the BtS 3.19 changes.

Hmm, I did indeed make that little mod long time ago.. the included DLL was made for older BtS version and won't work in BtS 3.19. I think it's safe to delete the DLL since it's old Bhruic's unofficial patch. You could also check the xml files against BtS files with Winmerge program to see if you need to make changes since World Size and Speed mod doesn't contain the BtS 3.19 changes.

The xml is no problem.
I thought the dll maybe handles some changes in loading/calculating/storing data.
So i understand the dll isnt needed but what was its purpose?
Because im trying to find out why your mod loads Huge maps slower than normal, just like the RoM mod.
I now test on Huge because its a size from Vanilla Civilization.
So the vanilla version against your mod on huge is won by vanilla.
"Next War" against "Next War" merged with your mod, won by standard Next War.

Top Bottom