Problem with FFH2 Install

Adara C

Chieftain
Hi, guys.

I have been playing FFH2 for a very long time, but recently, I got a new computer, and of course, Microhorsehockye won't allow me to keep my old Win7 and I was forced to upgrade to Win10.

Now, I have found that most of the FFH2 art assets are just gone. This means, amongst other things, many of the units are now turning up as Sumerian Vultures.

I tried to download the mod again from Kael's site, but same thing.

Has anyone run into this before, and is there any way of fixing the mod?

NB:
Base game is running fine with BUG attached.
I am running BTS 3.19 as part of Civ4 Complete, if it helps any.

Do you have frozen animations enabled in the options? That might cause problems with unit graphics reverting (but only when they are standing still, I believe).

Base game is running fine with BUG attached.
What does that mean? BUG in CustomAssets? I'd be surprised if that worked without issues. Have you tried removing BUG?

I run FFH2 under Win 10 over CivIV BTS from Steam without any problem.
(aside from minor issue with the launcher not working - so start from "Load a Mod" via BTS in-game menu)

No BUG/BAT mod - maybe this is causing trouble for you. Try removing BUG as lfgr suggests or just a clean install.

I had BUG before. It worked then. The only thing that is different in this install is Win10 (and I am finding that a lot of my older games are no longer working because of Win10 despite fresh installs and compatibility for Win7 being used).

Windows 10 absolutely refuses to allow a program to write into any files inside the /Program Files folder. I installed directly into C:Sid Meier's Civilization 4, and have been able to run with no issues. You can just drag your folder from Program Files to the root, but then you'd have to edit a lot of shortcuts manually. I recommend re-installing somewhere other the the default Program Files folder.

Windows 10 absolutely refuses to allow a program to write into any files inside the /Program Files folder. I installed directly into C:Sid Meier's Civilization 4, and have been able to run with no issues. You can just drag your folder from Program Files to the root, but then you'd have to edit a lot of shortcuts manually. I recommend re-installing somewhere other the the default Program Files folder.
My Civ4BTS is in its own folder in the root directory under C:\2K Games\Civ4 Complete\

What is the exact full path for where you are placing the FFH2 mod at? If it helps find the file Readme 041.rtf that is part of the top level folder for the FFH2 mod and tell me the full path for where that is installed. Then from the top level of the FFH2 mod folder open the Assests folder then right click Art folder, left click properties in the drop down menu, and tell me the "Size" it tells you in the window that opens up. Then go to the mods folder, right click "Fall from Heaven 2" folder, left click properties in the drop down menu, and tell me the "Size" it tells you in the window that opens up.

So that's 3 things I need from you please. Full path for where the mod is installed, Size of the Art folder and Size of the Fall from Heaven 2 folder. Thanks.

What is the exact full path for where you are placing the FFH2 mod at? If it helps find the file Readme 041.rtf that is part of the top level folder for the FFH2 mod and tell me the full path for where that is installed. Then from the top level of the FFH2 mod folder open the Assests folder then right click Art folder, left click properties in the drop down menu, and tell me the "Size" it tells you in the window that opens up. Then go to the mods folder, right click "Fall from Heaven 2" folder, left click properties in the drop down menu, and tell me the "Size" it tells you in the window that opens up.

So that's 3 things I need from you please. Full path for where the mod is installed, Size of the Art folder and Size of the Fall from Heaven 2 folder. Thanks.
Path: C:\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2

Art Folder: Size: 83.6 MB (87,739,140 bytes) ; Size on Disk: 87.4 MB (91,705,344 bytes) ; Contains: 1,347 Files, 141 Folders

FFH2 Folder: Size: 735 MB (771,163,778 bytes) ; Size on Disk: 743 MB (779,628,544 bytes) ; Contains: 3,176 Files, 211 Folders

I had this problem as well and found that it was caused by having certain graphics settings on low. Maybe experiment a little with those? Art assets returned for me when I set everything to medium.

I had this problem as well and found that it was caused by having certain graphics settings on low. Maybe experiment a little with those? Art assets returned for me when I set everything to medium.
That worked! I set graphics to High and everything came back. Win10 somehow automatically set it to Low graphics.

Thank you, Set! And thank you, omegaflames.

And now, back to smacking Os-Gabella around.

Top Bottom