Problem with ships and Go to Europe

Paranox

Chieftain
Sometimes when I send a ship to europe from elsewhere than my easternmost colony, the default position to which ships emerge from high seas is reset to where the ship sailed to the europe from. This is for all ships, and it isn't making any sense.

For instance, I have a 2-round trip to high seas from my colony. I send ships out all the time via CTRL+E. If I hit CTRL+E with another ship elsewhere and it gets to high seas very far away from my colony, all the ships I have, forever, will default to that high seas tile in the future. They'll go for a 10-round trip instead of the direct 2-round trip.

Is there a fix for this problem? It is happening both in Age of Discovery II and vanilla.

When I want to send a ship to Europe I right click on the high seas tile I want it to use and then send it to Europe when it gets there.

I have the same issue happen randomly. I can usually get it fixed by sailing a ship to a place in the "Europe" portion of the map as dalgo explains. This doesn't always fix the problem, in those instances, I open an auto-save from before the problem started and make sure I don't use the "sail to Europe" button for the remainder of that game.

Top Bottom