Problems getting Civ5 to launch on new computer.

Oerdin

Deity
OK, I've owned Civ5 since I downloaded it off of steam on release day and up until recently I've been playing it on my old system which just barely met the system requirements (so I played it on the lowest settings using direct X 9.0) but I finally put together my new system and would like to give Civ5 another chance. I installed steam on my new system, downloaded the game off of steam, hit play, saw the initial launch window come up asking me if I want to DirectX 9 or DirectX 11 (I select 11).... And then nothing happens. The game doesn't launch.

It worked on my old system so why isn't it working on my new system? Can someone possibly tell me how to get the game to work on my new system? BTW I'm using Win 7 Ultimate (64 bit), a K6 1090T mounted on a Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H mother board, with 8 GB RAM, a ATI Radeon 5750 video card and loads of free space on the hard drive. What gives?

This game has a nasty trend of not being able to launch itself randomly. Sometimes in October, I had to try it at least 20 times before I got it to launch, some other times it just worked magically right away. Each time, the Windows Event Observer told me that some GameOverlayRendere.dll in Steam was to blame.

I'm using Win 7 Home Premium (64 bit) 4 GB RAM, NVIDA GeForce 210. Civ5 keeps locking up and like a vampire and sucked up 3.79 GB out of 4 GB of my RAM. I'll wait for the next patch.

Frankie

Top Bottom