Problems in multiplayer

Dee159

Chieftain
Hey guys !

I don't know if you guys tried a lot of multiplayer games so far but we're experiencing a few problems with a friend.

First, in internet multiplayer, we're occasionally getting disconnected, but we both receive a message saying we're the only player in game and there's no way to rejoin either of our game. If we go back to the main menu and try to host the game with the save of our game, the spot that the other guy played with is now blocked by an IA and there's no way to unlock it to make it open and invite the other...

Otherwise, we wanted to try playing local network to be safer with that problem, but we can't even launch a game ! We can't invite each other to a local network game and when we host a game, it does not show in the last of multiplayer game in local network.

You guys have had the same problems ? :/
Or any ideas how to fix it ?

Not really, I have had a game with another chap online for the first 4 hours without disconnection. That was on the 22nd Oct .

Regarding the local games: Have you checked your firewalls?

I had a similar issue, as I hadn't clicked 'accept' (or whatever it is) in the Windows Firewall popup.
I alt-tabbed, clicked 'accept' and presto.

Hey guys !

I don't know if you guys tried a lot of multiplayer games so far but we're experiencing a few problems with a friend.

First, in internet multiplayer, we're occasionally getting disconnected, but we both receive a message saying we're the only player in game and there's no way to rejoin either of our game. If we go back to the main menu and try to host the game with the save of our game, the spot that the other guy played with is now blocked by an IA and there's no way to unlock it to make it open and invite the other...

Otherwise, we wanted to try playing local network to be safer with that problem, but we can't even launch a game ! We can't invite each other to a local network game and when we host a game, it does not show in the last of multiplayer game in local network.

You guys have had the same problems ? :/
Or any ideas how to fix it ?

Had an issue on the first try, which was due to my friend having the Aztec DLC, which I don't have. No problems since.

As host you can'Invite a friend' (there's a button for that), so there's no need to look for your game in the list. An invitation to join will appear in Steam chat, which you simply click to join.

Last edited:
Thing is, though, we both have the Aztec DLC and can't invite each other when that deconnexion/problem occurs....

Top Bottom