Problems loading saved games!

protista

Chieftain
When we attempt to load a saved game, the load begins but soon the screen starts flickering and the game will not fully load.

The only way we manage to fully load games is to use cont alt del, run task manager. Then we close task manager, and clicking on the Civ4Colonization program icon in the quick launch area brings a black screen which eventually fully loads the save.

Anyone else having problems loading saved games?

We are running Vista.

Any assistance greatly appreciated!

When we attempt to load a saved game, the load begins but soon the screen starts flickering and the game will not fully load.

The only way we manage to fully load games is to use cont alt del, run task manager. Then we close task manager, and clicking on the Civ4Colonization program icon in the quick launch area brings a black screen which eventually fully loads the save.

Anyone else having problems loading saved games?

We are running Vista.

Any assistance greatly appreciated!

I had to take the game back for this reason.. exactly the same problem, no solution offered anywhere. I've gone over to Civ 4.

I found when I load a game (Vista SP2), the load screen gets to "finish" message but then the screen just sits there.

I used CTRL-ESC to escape out of the game to the desktop, but this keeps the game running - you'll see it there on the windows task bar. Anyway, I started to check to see if something was amiss but found nothing obvious.

But then, I clicked the game from the task bar and viola - it opened with everything working! It appears this is just a screen refresh issue.

I've loaded the game dozens of times, and every time I simply use CTRL-ESC then wait a couple seconds, then click to open the game and it's worked every time.

Side note: if you try to click around on the screen before doing the CTRL-ESC you can sometimes hear units responding and such. That means the game is "there" but just not the screen. CTRL-ESC is forcing Windows desktop to update the screen output in some manner I suspect.

Top Bottom