1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Problems with Custom Mode

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Paladin14, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Paladin14

Paladin14 Chieftain

I just got Civ 4 and i had 3 before. I've been playing but everytime i get to 3640
    B.C i get You have been Defeated no matter what win condition i have. Does anyone know why I lose at that time and what options i have to enable for me not to lose at that time.

2. Older than Dirt

Older than Dirt King

Try uninstalling the game. Re-install it and start the game with the cd in the drive.

3. Paladin14

Paladin14 Chieftain

I did that, when i start a game it says 10 turns left, and there is no way for me to extend that turn limit that i know of.

4. hong

hong Chieftain

Are you sure you don't have a time-limited demo version?

5. MrCynical

MrCynical Deity

Hitting a time limit after ten turns means you have tripped one of the anti-piracy systems. If you use a pirated copy of the game, or use a no-cd crack, it doesn't let you play beyond 10 turns. Have the original cd of a legitimate copy in the drive, and you won't get this problem.

6. drkodos

drkodos Emperor

I always thought this was a brilliant anti-piracy move because the people that are doing this end up indicting themselves when they seek assistance.

Sort of like going to the cops to complain about your contraband getting stolen and then asking them to help you get it back. :lol:

And here I was thinking Paladins had to be Lawfully Good. :mischief:

7. romelus

romelus NUCULAR!

is this really built into the game? this is the first i've ever heard of it. very amusing way to do it though, if it's true

8. MrCynical

MrCynical Deity

Yes, this is one of two traps built into the game for pirated/cracked copies. The 10 turn limit to all games is one. The other is that all features (mines/farms/forests/jungle) are invisble.

9. Mewtarthio

Mewtarthio Emperor

I love these creative anti-piracy measures!

Don't forget the classic example of the druggie who goes to the cops when he gets a poor cut!:lol:

10. Paladin14

Paladin14 Chieftain

I see, i had to use a cd crack because my game won't read my cd's. I stick in the first cd, game pops up then it's like can't read the cd. stick in cd 2, says put in cd 1 and so forth. Oh well, guess i'll return the game :)

11. Wodan

Wodan Deity

Before you bother returning it, try this.

First, reinstall.

Then, install all patches.

Then, when it says put in 1, you put in 2. And vice, versa. There was some disc mislabeling in production.

Wodan

12. FatSean

FatSean Chieftain

I paid my money, and I'm tried of flipping disks when I want to use the game. So I used a crack to remove the CD requirement. Works great with all my mods too.

Gay little stunts like this 'copy protection' crap only harms the rightful users.

13. drkodos

drkodos Emperor

I wonder if you are the type to throw a fit when your minute rice takes 61 seconds to cook? :)

If you think having to switch disks is harming you, I suggest you join a fitness club and get yourself in better physical shape lest a paper cut render you totally incapacitated. ;)