Problems with mouse pointer/FPS

Nikolai II

King
So I just installed Humankind on my new top of the line machine. Ryzen 5 5600X, 32 GB RAM, Radeon 6700. Even with the game running on top specs, it uses only 2-5 GB RAM, 25% or so of the CPU and 40-80% of the GPU depending on the settings being mid to high. I can use my machine as if the game is not running on my secondary monitor, which I am doing now. The machine does not struggle.

But the moment I click on the game to play it becomes a slog. Videos run fine, in fact everything runs fine. Except the mouse pointer. It moves in what must be at most 5 FPS! FIVE! I used some 2-3 minutes to even get into the settings menu, as it is almost impossible to place the pointer where I want. It just moves after a second or two onto a completely different place on the screen.

I have tried to lower the settings to minimum in the graphics department and up to the max, and the mouse is not affected. The game runs fine outside this, but it means the game is in fact impossible to play... :(

I have tried to update my drivers to the newest and do a reboot of the machine, but to no avail. Anyone have any ideas what is wrong?

I found the problem. The moment I unplugged the flight stick I use for MS Flight Simulator, the game worked fine.

Follow-up: There are at least 2 people on Twitter who also have issues with additional input... thingies, joysticks, pedals, or whatever, so it seems anything what's not a keyboard and a mouse should be disconnected before playing.

Top Bottom