Promotions

Alright so i just finished doing the civics, so ive decided ill do the rest of the promotions.

So here are the four major groups of types of promotions and if you think there should be more post it.
Regular Promotions - (Regular promotions just like in Civ)
-Strength 1
-10% Strength
-Strength 2
-10% Strength
-Strength 3
-10% Strength
-Strength 4
-15% Strength
-Strength 5
-15% Strength
-10% Strength VS Foot Soldiers
Engineering Battalion (1)
-+25% City Attack
Engineering Brigade (2)
-+25% City Attack
Engineering Division (3)
-+25% City Attack
Sharpshooter Battalion (1)
-+25 City Defense
Sharpshooter Brigade (2)
-+25 City Defense
Sharpshooter Division (3)
-+25 City Defense
Ranger Battalion
-+25% Defense on Hill terrian
Ranger Brigade
Ranger Division
Artillery Battalion
-Can Cause Damage to defensive positions
Artillery Brigade
Artillery Division
Force Powers - (special powers given to a force user like a jedi or a sith)
-Please fill me in on all the forces powers that u guys put in python?
Race/Civilization - (special benifits depending on the race and civilization)
-Human
-20% When Defending on all land terrians
--10% When Defending on all space terrians
-Droid
-Can attack more then once per turn
--10% Strength
-Rakatan
-15% When Attacking Infantry
--15% When Attacking Mech
-Hutt
-15% When Attacking in space
-Cannot Withdrawl
-Yuuzhan Vong
-10% Strength
--15% when defending on any land terrian
-Chiss
-10% Defense and attack in Space terrian
--10% Land Defense
-Mandolorian Human
-10% Strength
-Extra First Strike
-More Expensive then usual to produce
-Hapan Human
-25% City Defense
--15% City Attack
-Cloned
-Can Heal While Moving
--1 Visibility
-Twi'lek
-25% Defense on Flat Terrians land
--25% Defense on non-flat terrians land
-Pirate/Barbarian
-10% Withdrawl Chance
--25% When attacking Cities
State - (sets the condition of the unit so it can do certain things)
-Transport
-Cuts down all of its strength but can move in space

so far im not down filling in all my ideas

I think we're going to use land transports when but we have to wait till they get the ai using it

You can find an existing CIV4PromotionInfos.xml with the current mod. It contains the force power promotions.

So I suggest you build on that.

The hyperdrive class class I is faster then class II and so on.
You could customize your navy how you want it.

It would also be usefull for a Galactic Civil War modmod because for a good portion the rebels not have the ability of build ships.

Yeah, that hyperdrive thing comes from the WEG RPG originally. It's a multiplier to the time it takes a 1x hyperdrive to complete a trip. Their intepretation to Han's boast about Falcon going "point five past light speed." 0.5x would be twice as fast as 1x.

Yeah, that hyperdrive thing comes from the WEG RPG originally. It's a multiplier to the time it takes a 1x hyperdrive to complete a trip. Their intepretation to Han's boast about Falcon going "point five past light speed." 0.5x would be twice as fast as 1x.

Thats right the falcon is a 0.5 the normal class of a YT-1300 is 1 (I think)

From Wookieepedia on hyperdrive classes:
The superluminal speed of a hyperdrive was rated on a decreasing scale; the faster the hyperdrive, the lower the rating. These ratings were generally referred to as "Classes" and provided a quick, although often inconsistent or inaccurate, idea of a ship's hyperdrive speed. It was based on an asymptotic scale with Class 0.0 being infinite speed. In 30 BBY, Class 3 drives were experimental, and by the end of the Clone Wars most military starships were using Class 3 or Class 2. During the Galactic Civil War, military capital ships and starfighters were generally equipped with Class 1 or Class 2, industrial freighters and haulers with Class 3 or Class 4, and civilian starships with Class 5 or above.

Some starships, such as the Millennium Falcon, underwent after-market modifications to achieve ratings of Class 0.5, and Dash Rendar's Outrider also had a hyperdrive Class 0.75, which was also achieved by modifications, although tampering with the generally stable technology of a hyperdrive was considered a dangerous activity. Boba Fett's Slave I had a class 0.7 hyperdrive. Hyperdrives built by those outside the sphere of the Galactic Republic, Galactic Empire and New Republic, such as the Hapan Froond-class hyperdrive, were not classed in the standard system, as controlled comparisons were difficult to attain. Some Zonama Sekotan ships were able to achieve a Class 0.4 by combining high class hyperdives with organic technology,[1] as did the Bes'uliik starfighter via fusion of Verpine and Mandalorian technology.

We could have a few like that that would increase how far you could move in a turn.
Here is my suggestion:

Hyperdrive 1:
allows you to move in deep space terrain

Hyperdrive .8:
plus one movement
requires 1

Hyperdrive .5:
plus one aditional movement
requires .8

Hyperdrive .4:
plus one additional movement
requires .4

Remember most ships were in galactic civil war were class I or II
Most ships in clone wars were slower III or II or so

you could have a class 13 hyperdrive and still move through space

I would recommended a hyperlane terrain the runs were actual hyperlanes do ships with hyperdrives would get a huge discount on movement the lower the class the faster

We could have a few like that that would increase how far you could move in a turn.
Here is my suggestion:

Hyperdrive 1:
allows you to move in deep space terrain

Hyperdrive .8:
plus one movement
requires 1

Hyperdrive .5:
plus one aditional movement
requires .8

Hyperdrive .4:
plus one additional movement
requires .4

s0 you guys want me to add these promotions in for space units only of coarse?

s0 you guys want me to add these promotions in for space units only of coarse?

Not yet

A lot of ships were class II during the days of the galactic civil so I think the lowest promotion for moving threw hyperspace should be II or III

Even though that class II, class I is most commonly used, you don't absolutely have to use it. Some writers have had different ideas about what those point fives mean. I think the "class" system is a little too cumbersome if you are using it to determine if your star destroyer goes four or five squares a turn.

Top Bottom