Proposing Civics

Creepy Old Man

Warlord
On the "propose civic" screen, what determines which civics you're allowed to propose?

In particular, I want to propose Universal Healthcare.

Attachments

• civic.jpg
    civic.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 161
Most civics can only be adopted by one civ.

That really blows.

What purpose does an arbitrary rule like that serve?

On top of that, you can't easily see what civics are available to change to until after you repeal the current one, which makes the whole process a nightmare.

I agree.
The civics system is a nightmare for medium and large civs.
To adopt a new civic, you'll have to repeal the old one first.
I also don't like the penalties.
I prefer a global + local civic system. Not every player is harvesting the same resources.

I agree that changing civics is very annoying for larger civs and there definitely needs to be a way to see what's available to you before you repeal your current ones. However, I do not believe a tiered system for civics makes sense. The design of Civilizations in game is to force cooperation to win. Therefore your civic should reflect the current national strategy of your civ. Even if I was playing an all science city, if my Civilization decided to go to war I would understand the need to switch to a civic that hurt science to benifit production.

I agree that changing civics is very annoying for larger civs and there definitely needs to be a way to see what's available to you before you repeal your current ones.

Click 'science' then you will see the tech trees. if you hover over each of the techs you have already completed, you will see which civic they unlock, so the list is there, on a different page. and yes, it could be more convenient.

And yes, the whole system could be a lot better. maybe it should only take about 10 votes total to change up a vote so you arent waiting all day.

Top Bottom