Provincial Borders Discussion

Okay, Okay. I'll redraw the map with the original lines.

However, I reserve the right to mark regions within a province (or within unorganized territory) that would be within the Radius of a city wihtin another province/Unorganized Territory.

Actually, that would likely be better because the key to the lines are the cities. Like I said before, in Rik's proposal, Fanatikku would be in Zarnia but Immo would not be. Even though both cities would use tiles from both Zarnia and the Unorganized Territory.

Heck, I'll probably update the .zip as well.

So... when is this going to a poll?

As soon as I work on the fixed Regular Map.

Right now, I'm looking torwards our Future Northern Colonies.

EDIT: Well, got the Map fixed. And accounting for New Cities and citysites too.

Red = Chieftess
Orange = Provolution
Yellow = Blackheart
Green = Epimethius
Light Blue = Cyc
Dark Blue = Rik Meleet
Purple = Sir Donald

Attachments

• 490Province.JPG
    490Province.JPG
    231.1 KB · Views: 93
Er... something tells me that many of the Proposals may be outdated...

Cyc's probably still valid since it's a Central Province with 3 Exterior Territorites
Chieftess and Rik's are 1-Province Proposals...
And Mine is perhaps the opposite of Cyc's, except for the "endless" borders.

That leaves Provolution, Blackheart, and Epimethius.

Blackheart gave a general "Northern Expansion", but with future settlement that might be short by half.

Epimethius seemingly didn't account for Northen Expansion, while Provolution seems to have reached his Northern limit.

So... Anyone want to change?

I'm fine with mine (Centria Provincia). It allows for 4 Governors at the next election. And I believe Governor Zarn approves of it too. ;)

I am all for Rik Meleets proposal, with the adjustment down to Sir Donald IIIs southern border, which includes lands surrounding Fanatikku, plus Immo and lands to the foothills of "Lago". Outside that Zarnian box, I agree with SD3s proposal for a Southern Province, but still see the need for a Jungle/Forest Eastern Province (soon to include majority of Rome).

Yet, Corrino belongs to the Eastern province in my opinion.

Zarnia is in my mind:

Fanatikku
Immo
Wine City
the two northern cities by the river.

Shouldn't we first place the cities and then divide up the provinces as seen fit? Where it is obvious where we could split the cities in two, then we should do that. I think the best way would to split the cities east and west so that each province will contain 6 cities of our own, any other cites that might fall under the banner of our provinces will be ours for the taking. This would leave an option for a northern province.

Provolution, since your new suggestion would create an enclave, (Zojoji,) I have rejected it.

Classical Hero, please create a map of your sugestion. I am about to put the other 7 options presented thus far to approval poll (which will be followed by an actual cohhsing poll.)

SD3, and of course Zojoji to Zarnia, within Riks Zone.

That would bring Zarnia to 6 Cities.

Perhaps you could trade the two Northern Cities for either Furuyama or "Klingon City 1" to bring it back to 5.

I still like Cyc's idea best. The other provinces would be alot bigger to make up for corruption.

Some others make Zarnia look weird and leave out tiles.

Provolution said:
ok SD3, I see, I ditch Stovokor then :)

I say make Sto'vo'kor a provincial capital, why you may ask, because I named it :D. But back to the topic, right now I'd rather see some sort of provisional provinces rather than drag out this discussion. The empire is becoming too big for just one governor to manage.

Blackheart, would you mind it terribly if I added our new Northern Colony area (as far as this Northern River) to your "Northern Territory", then? This would make that region a full Province-sized (for our time anyway) area and enable Sto'vo'kor to be a PC. :D

Also, Provo, I wouldn't have said anything to you, except you were so adamanty about having 5 Cities for Japanatica's First Province. :mischief:

And now, a new Map and a new .zip. (Sorry for the size of the map...)

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/490Provinces.zip

EDIT: Guide:

Red = Chieftess
Orange = Provoultion's old proposal (didn't feel like reconstructiong the whole image with less than 2 hours before Work)
Pink = Provolution's New Proposal
Yellow = Blackheart
Green = Epimethius
Light Blue = Cyc
Dark Blue = Rik Meelet
Purple = Sir Donald

Chieftess, Rik, and Provo2 all have 1 "Province", so by default, a "Second" province will be created from their proposlas with the remaining land.

Cyc and I have proposals that take into account anyu territory on the continent.

The other 3 Proposals have land that is not in a "documented" Province and so is classified as "Unorganized Territory". Though that only really matters with Epimethius since that one has 2 towns "outside" a "Province". (Blackheart and Provo1 only have new sites outside the "borders")

Attachments

• 490Province.JPG
    490Province.JPG
    232.3 KB · Views: 75
To make it effective for polling, it would be best that each option would have it own mini map so that each option could be deciphered easier. ATM, the map is confusing to see all the options at once. Even though it would take a while to load, having each option on it's own large map would be the best.

Ahead of you on that one. I've put individual maps in the .zip, and would likely put the individual maps in the Approval poll.

Top Bottom