PTW Gleams

Sid

Observer and Participant
Supporter
Sorry, nothing about whether we will get the expansion pack. Go ahead, spoil your day and check out a new review which really whets the appetite.

www.ugo.com/channels/games/features/civ3ptw/

There's a pretty good list of all the features that we would love to have. I like the idea of the different tilesets which make the game look different. Of course, many of us use Snoopy's Mods to do that anyway, but having them available at a click would be good. Ah, stacking and goto for military units and settlers!

The variety of new leaders would turn Civ3 into a cornucopia of 'what-if?' delights. I think the reviewer says something like that anyway.

Happy drooling + keep lobbying MacSoft + keep influencing others to buy the Mac version.

Maybe we should do an email campaign to encourage MacSoft to port PTW? I believe if you click on the below link, an email window will open for Nate Birkholz (MacSoft Project Coordinator/Director).

http://forums.civfanatics.com/member.php?s=&action=mailform&userid=19424

It works. Below is a copy of my email to Nate.

Nate,

Just wanted to let you know that I continue to enjoy Civ3 on the Mac. If MacSoft ports PTW, I'll be first in line to purchase it. That's going to be one long line! ;)

-TH

OK, I agree with emailing, yet I am realistic enough to assert that 'sales' are more powerful than 'emails'. (In this instance, simply because Macsoft will make a commercial decision. There is still a lot of power in the well-worded missive.)

Having written that, my hope is that an email campaign might elicit a statement from the company, but nothing will wipe away my drool except PTW on my iMac's hard drive + you lot as the focus of my strategic machinations as I marshall my Celts.

Originally posted by Sid
OK, I agree with emailing, yet I am realistic enough to assert that 'sales' are more powerful than 'emails'. (In this instance, simply because Macsoft will make a commercial decision. There is still a lot of power in the well-worded missive.)

Having written that, my hope is that an email campaign might elicit a statement from the company, but nothing will wipe away my drool except PTW on my iMac's hard drive + you lot as the focus of my strategic machinations as I marshall my Celts.

I'll be writing a beg-letter later this week, but should money-men (or those who talk to money-men) cruise through this folder...
The instant that sucker appears on shelves, I will get it. Heck, skip that altogether. Offer it as a download-for-a-fee and save on packaging and shipping. I'll still buy it.
:cooool:
Please?
EJ

Hey man, after checking out the valuable expansions that are being added with PTW, I too am willing to pay out for it. Not only that, but they can use that smalled packaging that is showing up on all of the shelves - it looks like a DVD, and save $ that way. Or like the previous poster said, just offer it as a download. I will pony up the cash for it, no doubt!

Top Bottom