PTW : How will you play against human ?

cycle

Chieftain
I've been playing the GOTM and it's been a lot of fun so far. I don't submit my game due to lack of time to complete the game.

The one thing I found remarkable is how many of us have totally different kind of strategy/gamestyle during the game. Some are builders, some are war-monger for example.

That makes me wonder, when you play against a human opponent, what kind of player will you be ?

Will you be a builder ? a conqueror ? a diplomat ? will you abuse RoP treaties ? etc ...

Personnaly, I'm really looking forward to the extension just to play against opponent that will be play radically differently than the current AI opponents.

Strongest trait against other humans: Paranoia.

Trust will be hard earned.

All I know is that I will spend a lot more time buying defensive units and placing them on resources and road junctions than I would normally.

And praying. I'm having enough trouble with the AI on regent after a long spell.

People? Jesus help me...

R.III

Play with friends I know in real life

At least I would know they're around the same skill level as me (roughly regent... barely :lol: )

Oh! and to answer the post.. :p

I'd probably play co-op with my friends. Maybe 2-3 of us against 6+ AI or something.

Originally posted by DaDoo
Oh! and to answer the post.. :p

I'd probably play co-op with my friends. Maybe 2-3 of us against 6+ AI or something.

I'd like to do this as well. But I think it is only fair if you are going to do so to play against diety level. Two human players in concert would decimate every time otherwise.

I regard PTW multiplayer games as extrememly dangerous. I'll also concentrate on alot of defense, because if they invade, it won't be some poorly planned-out escapade, it will be well thought-out, well executed attacks, and the thought of it makes me shiver.

It should simulate real fear of going to war well, and I'd like to see it translate into a greater urgency for diplomacy, but I'm sure it won't.

A few things I should add, I'm really looking forward to (from a human opponent):

1) Naval fleet combat. Can't wait for this. Carrier group engaging each other, now that will be really fun. And the submarines are a big underated unit if you ask me. It's not really effective against an AI (they see it anyway) but versus a human, he'll always be thinking "what if there's a sub around here?"

2) Surprise attack and fake maneuver. You think you actually are engaging the main invasion force and then another force attacks you from behind !!! Awesome !

3) More realistic trades ;)

4) Good use of nuke. :) :) :) Now you will truly appreciate the power of intimidation with nuclear weapon. Remember the nuclear sub ? Hehehe

Needless to say, I think most of my game will be warmonger type

I dunno about that, but there will probably be a lot more defensive units garrisoned around than usual, heh heh, i doubt the peace kepping builder types will turn into warmongers just because they're playing a human.

They'll probably get rid of diplomatic vicotry entirely; everyone would vote for themselves :D

Originally posted by Mullet Crusader
I dunno about that, but there will probably be a lot more defensive units garrisoned around than usual, heh heh, i doubt the peace kepping builder types will turn into warmongers just because they're playing a human.

They'll probably get rid of diplomatic vicotry entirely; everyone would vote for themselves :D

I think they should disallow voting for oneself. You would be forced to vote for another player.

wow, it reminds me of when i used to play Red alert 2.......i played and played against the computer, got used to the tricks and strategies, i went online and baam! the whole game is re-invanted for me, mmmh........i wonder if ill see rushes again......build a lot of swordman instead of inprovements and take over otehrs cities b4 tehy can have enough defences.......taht would work, but still the otehr players will ahve time to develop themselfs to stop an invasion, what yall thinK?

also espinage missons will be used more, u want to know how ahead they are w/ their wonders, steal techs, maps, troop positions....do they show subs too? nuclear wars will be quite painfull......in a space rece noone will win, nukes will be used, unless u are smart and lucky and change capital in the ast second, cant wait till PTW

My first game will probably be with my succession games comrades. Since we've played many games together, we sort of know the same tricks and use the same strategies and style. The person with the best geography and right resources will win.

The first game maybe coorperative but after that, everything goes. :D

Hhhmmm. I tend to like cooperation, but in this case the smell of human blood... :vampire:

On the other hand, I suspect that being defeated by a human fellow -and most of you people here would simply wipe me out of an MP game- would be harder to face than being beaten by the AI: I mean, it's YOUR computer, you can always switch it off or format it in retaliation...

I cant wait to play my friends in a good game of civ3! Im pretty sure everyone of my friends will be going warmonger style eventough some of us are builders. The tension must be unbelivable "I have stationed several nuclear subs around your coastline, i urge you to discuss peace while there still is time"

Oh and i wold never EVER negotiate a ROP with a human player!

It all depends on how, and if you can chat to the othwer players. This would make diplomacy much better. You could say things like give me this tech now, and later on Ill go to war with you against who you want. Or things like that. I would be mostly diplomatic if there was a good chat system.

If there wasnt a good chat system, I would turn to military. I would not be like most people saying they would build more defensive units. Becuase a good offense is a better defense. If I can keep on the offense your ****ed. But If Im building primarily defensive, it would be much harder to counter attack the enemy.

Top Bottom