PTW Map - Tests of Skill not Luck

dharms

Chieftain
Accurate geographic maps are great. But mp PTW games are in need of different style maps.
Since many present Civ. PTW games are short in nature - a few hours long, most randomly worlds are too big with little time to compensate for a bad start location or lack of critical resources. (Against the computer i would just declared "unfair" and restart until I got a better location. Human opponents complain when I do that!)

Hence:

Four Even Starts Game Board

Tiny Map (60H x 50W) with both X and Y direction wrap.
Four start locations with roughly equal land and resources. Many choke points and an increased sea usage ability.

Designed for typical shorter multiplayer games – quick development and a lot of interaction. Less luck, more player skill. Great 2vs2!

I would include a screenshot if I knew how!

Please enjoy and make more of these sorts of things...
Dave (Thumpper)

Okay - I obviously don't know what I am doing.
I thought I attached the map, and nothing is there.

I will try one more time.
Forgive me for cluttering up the webpage.

Dave (Thumpper)

Trying one more time to attach a map for
a good (and fair) 4 player game with lots of interaction.

If this doesn't work - someone please help me!

Dave (Thumpper)

Attachments

• four even starts game board.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 148
Just attach the file (add it to an Archive with winzip or winrar first) and post the reply.

How do I take screenshots?

Use the capture-function of a graphics program
or

Hit the 'Prt Scrn' button on your keyboard. Then open a graphics program such as Paint (you can use the windows key, then go to Programs....Accesories...Paint, this way you don't need to exit the game), then you 'paste' and there's the screenshot! Remember to reduce the image size a bit, or crop it, and save the file as .JPG.
There are also lots of screenshot programs you can download at download.com.

Uploading

Thanks - I had the screen shot - getting it to display with my thread was the question. I am hesitant to just attach it to a new thread.

Dave (Thumpper)

One more time!

[color=600f0f]I see you found how the url tag doesn't like spaces in the filename. ;)

BTW, to make the picture show, use *IMG* tags. :D --Padma[/color]

Top Bottom