Public Beta version of CIV4 should be able for Download before 2006!

Would you buy into a legal, public-alpha/beta of CIV4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoodGame

Red, White, & Blue, baby!
:cry: By the huge, commenting fan-base here at CFF, we should probably get in closer contact with the developer and do public beta-testing. This is happening more and more in the industry, with a "buy-in" or "pre-order" usually required (anywhere from 1/10th to full final retail price).

Pro's: We'd probably all get some of what we want, including the developers and marketers! And it'd be early, too!

thats swell that the beta is coming in before 2006 but isnt the game itself supposed to come out before 2006..?

I think it's slated Christmas 2005.

What makes you think that they won't have a beta system like before (invitation only)?

In fact, I think that Firaxis plans to have more and more public betas. So far, the only betas they have had with a considerable amount of people have been for C3C and Pirates!. PTW had a beta, but with fewer people.

When the new Firaxis website got launched, they included in their FAQ a question that asks how one can become a beta tester. And the answer being to keep checking the site for news, etc.
For their webmaster job availability, you also must have the skill to Maintain and implement community and beta test forums sites.

I know this isn't a lot to go on. But it clearly gives the impression that more public beta tests will be available in the future.

Top Bottom