I would like to play this game in the following software version:

• Civ3v1.29

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • PTW (v1.14f or v1.21f)

Votes: 16 69.6%

• Total voters

cracker

Gil Favor's Sidekick
This Quick Game will be a Warlord Level QSC game played on exactly the same setup as Gotm18-Celts. To play the game you will need to download and isntall the free graphics upgrades that are required for Gotm18-Celts.

The starting save file will be released in either Civ3v1.29 and/or PTW formats depending on player requests in the poll above. You do not need to post a message to this thread to indicate if you wish to play, just make sure you vote in the poll for the version you wish to have available.

This game is intented to provide an entry level introduction to the GOTM and QSC game play processes for players who may still be playing at difficulty levels of cheiftain or warlord.

Player participation requirements will include some minimal summary in a timelines up to turn 120 and save files at turns 60 and 120. Play will begin on April 21st, 2003.

The number of slots in the game will be technically unlimited and preregistration is not required.

Objectives
1) facilitate new players to compare between Warlord and Monarch difficulties on the same map.
3) facilitate some tech rate progression comparisons between Warlord and Monarch under the conditions of Gotm18.

We will also need two players to volunteer to sort of facilitate the flow of the game progress and timeline reporting, so if you would be interested in volunteering please indicate so by posting a message to this thread.

Well, considering that I really suck at pretty much all levels higher than chieftan, I would really like to try this. I would also like to try to play/win a somewhat peaceful game. I am reading crackers opening play sequence pages and hopefully they will help. I have also realized that you cannot play peaceful on higher levels or you will fall behind(just my take)

I know I did not need to reply to this, but I did anyway, Sorry!!

Game files are now up for you all to play.

REMEMBER again that you must have followed the setup instructions for Gotm18-Celts for this game to work properly on your computer.

There is a seperate thread to help organize the progress of the game and you will find the two different version of that game linked at the beginning of the thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51163

Have fun and try to take the two fairly organized discussion breaks as well as to help remind each other to capture and upload the 3 save files that will help you score your games as well as as set up a comparison to the actual QSC results.

Have fun. ;)

Top Bottom