Question about attitude and trade

FriscoDanconia

Chieftain
The good attitude from good trade relations, where does it come from?

A.- The exchange of bonuses and techs from diplomatic deals.
B.- The trade routes that appear in the city screen.
C.- Something else.

Thanks.

A. The deal has to be favorable (cost-wise) to the AI though. Accepting tech/gold demands is usually does this.
C. Liberating cities has the same effect + You Liberated our city bonus

How does the AI calculate that cost? And, are you implying that the AI may sometimes agree to a deal which is unfavorable to them? How?
And so the trade routes in the city screen are totally irrelevant to the attitude?

The AI will never accept an unfavorable trade to them. They might agree to demands but their tendency to decline to unreasonable ones is pretty high.

Trade routes don't affect Diplomacy at all. Having Open Borders long enough, however, does.

Thank you!

The AI will never accept an unfavorable trade to them. They might agree to demands but their tendency to decline to unreasonable ones is pretty high.

From what I've read on this forum, there is one circumstance where they will accept such a trade. They sometimes make offers which are unfavourable to themselves, and you're free to accept such offer. If you try to haggle though, they will no longer agree to their original offer, since it's unfavourable to them. I believe this behaviour was coded to make sure that the AIs would manage to trade with each other reasonably often - if none of them would ever accept anything worse than a straight trade, they wouldn't be able to trade much amongst themselves, which would be a huge advantage for the human.

(sorry if you already knew this; you only said they wouldn't accept unfavourable trades, not that they wouldn't propose them, but I think it's worth adding it to the discussion since there are probably a few readers who've not heard about it.)

As for the first part of question A:

The act of trading a bonus itself gives no diplomatic adjustment, but if it is continued long enough you can get a bonus ("We appreciate the years you have supplied us with resources.")

Top Bottom