Question about BIC files...

_Mustaffa

Chieftain
Every time I make an awesome map it says wrong file version can't use version 3.00. I know it's talking about the BIC files, how do I change the BIC files to whatever they are supposed to be? I have the latest patch. Someone please help me I'm very pissed off!

Originally posted by _Mustaffa
Every time I make an awesome map it says wrong file version can't use version 3.00. I know it's talking about the BIC files, how do I change the BIC files to whatever they are supposed to be? I have the latest patch. Someone please help me I'm very pissed off!

Maybe you can attach the bic file in this thread so that others can take a look?

It usually helps if you attach the problematic file. :)

There is a post about this in the tech support area(on this website forum) where they explain that the editor was damaged via the new patch. I believe the title is ver3.0 editor conflict.

People there talked about a file that can be downloaded from the site to replace the ruined editor that was created by the patch

PLEASE POST A LINK HERE (or there for that matter)if you know where to get this editor

Thanks!

ps-Normally I would just re-install a game to get back to the old version, but apparently civ3 has problems with the uninstall process... must be nice to have a job like that...

good job Palehorse. i can't stand racist comments!!, they really make me po'd

*snickers, then glares at the racist guy with everyone else (keep note, I'm snickering at his stupidity, not his comment, I'm also paranoid to the point of being abnormal :D )*

And for today's quote, one from Warriorpop on an unknown IRC channel (I'm trying not to advertise here, ;p )

<warriorpop> I fear something terrible is going to happen as a result of [Cazovi's] coming here.

I got that name from playing AOE/ROR, you know Mustaffa from Austin Powers... anyway. I figured I'd just reinstall it, and that worked.

Originally posted by _Mustaffa
I got that name from playing AOE/ROR, you know Mustaffa from Austin Powers... anyway. I figured I'd just reinstall it, and that worked.

:lol: Stupid got his ass banned and you're not even an Arab :lol:

I had this problem as well, when I was adding a bunch of units to my game. I only had about 10 or so added, but I got that same message. I had also copied the original civ3mod.bic, in case I somehow corrupted the one I was editing, I tried to replace the corrupted one, and, lo and behold, my new one was corrupted-- somehow the problem carried over. So I too uninstalled the game, then reinstalled it, and got the v 1.17 patch again, and now it's working just fine, and I'm still making units... It sure would be nice to know what exactly causes this problem though, as I really can't imagine what I did before.

Maybe it will be addressed in the next patch. Anyone have any idea when that comes out by the way? There was some talk about it a few weeks ago here on civfanatics, but no word since.

Top Bottom