Question about multiplayer

The_CatSnack

Warlord
Just say i buy the standard release of civ and crank up a multiplay game with someone who bought the special edition online (with Babylon) and that someone decides to play as Babylon, will it work or will there be compatability issues? Anyone know? I wish they didn't do stuff like this...

Oh and one more question.. a single or multiplay one, if I'm on a small map with say 4 other civs and through infighting the other civs eliminate eachothers capitals do I get the conquest victory because I'm the only one left with my original calpital? This is a hypothetical situation but I'm trying to understand the victory condition here because in a game with human players I imagine that the rush to destroy other players captials will be a tasty option, but the last guy with his original capital might win the C.V. and might not ever go to war!

One of the new review discribed the domination voctory that way, you win when you are the only one left with is capital. So yeah, you would win the game. Review are not always the best source do... could be like in civilizationr evolution where you win when you own all Capital city. But personaly I think the reviewer was right and they changed it.

About DLC, if it's done well (like most game today), you will be able to play against Babylone. The DLC is more of an unlock to be able to choose them when you start a game.

Hope that answer your question.

The first one is a great question. I assume you won't be compatible, so you wouldn't be able to play, but I don't know for sure.

The second question is a good one too. There I would assume that a civilization would get to appoint a new capital, but if not the case then yeah you would win. Again, I don't know for sure.

''For those planning a conquest route, that victory path has also been updated. Now players merely have to ensure that no other civilization is in control of its originally-founded city (while maintaining control of their own). This is not as easy as it sounds, of course, but it makes for a quicker victory type than hunting down each and every last unit on the map.''

This is from the review I was talking bout.

And source: http://www.gamingnexus.com/Article/Civilization-V/Page2/Item2785.aspx

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it refers to "original capital" so i think that in a small game with 2 other human players, I can be sitting peacefully while the others war it out and if they take/raze, etc, eachother's capitals then I've won a Conquest Victory :) I would sooo LOL LOL LOL

''For those planning a conquest route, that victory path has also been updated. Now players merely have to ensure that no other civilization is in control of its originally-founded city (while maintaining control of their own). This is not as easy as it sounds, of course, but it makes for a quicker victory type than hunting down each and every last unit on the map.''

This is from the review I was talking bout.

And source: http://www.gamingnexus.com/Article/Civilization-V/Page2/Item2785.aspx

Thanks man :) you beat me to it!

For the special edition DLC, the way this works in just about every game ever made with DLC is that the files are actually there on your computer too, just not an option you can pick. They do this to make compatability and support easier, as there's really just one version of the game (and various access keys).

So while I don't know first hand, I'm 99.99% sure that it'll work. He can pick Babylon, but you won't have that option.

Oh and one more question.. a single or multiplay one, if I'm on a small map with say 4 other civs and through infighting the other civs eliminate eachothers capitals do I get the conquest victory because I'm the only one left with my original calpital? This is a hypothetical situation but I'm trying to understand the victory condition here because in a game with human players I imagine that the rush to destroy other players captials will be a tasty option, but the last guy with his original capital might win the C.V. and might not ever go to war!

Now, there's an example in this manual that was published today/yesterday (depends on time zone). Anyways, there is written an example: E.g. You're on 5 players map, you capture three capitals an the fifth player captures yours and he's a winner because only he has original capital. So, you would be a winner in that case, it's obvious;)

Can anyone answer the question "The_CatSnack" asked now? Did anyone try a multiplayer game with Babylon (played or as AI) together with someone who does not have this Civ?

In addition I have got another mp question: It was said that MP is limited to 8? players.
Is it possible to add additional AI enemies? I mean: Is 8 the total Civ number or just the total player number? What is the maximum amount of Civs you can put on a map (I think it was 18 in Civ4 without mods)

How can civ's eliminate each other? At least 1 should be left... Unless require complete kills is still an option.

How can civ's eliminate each other? At least 1 should be left... Unless require complete kills is still an option.

If I understand you right, I don't think you are away that you count as "destroyed" for just the conquer victory if you lose your capital city, which however can only be catptured but not be destroyed by the opponent.

Top Bottom