1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

Question about national parks

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by Phoenix Master, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Phoenix Master

Phoenix Master Chieftain

I am playing as Pericles of Greece and recently bought a naturalist with faith. I don't know where to build the national park, though. Can someone please tell me where I am supposed to build the national park?

2. Buktu

Buktu Prince

National parks are not easy to make.

- you need 4 tiles in a vertical diamond
    - all must belong to the same city
    - all must have an appeal of 2 or higher
    - there must be no districts or improvements at all on these tiles (roads are allowed)

So its best to get them in larger cities in areas with mountains and forrests. Since you cant improve any tiles in a nationalpark placing preserves next to them is a great idea. Preserves also add appeal to the tiles around them raising the tourism you get from nationalparks next to them.
    You should also check which other districts and improvements raise/lower the difficulty to get the maximum from your nationalparks.

HorseHead likes this.
  3. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Once you are matching @Buktu requirements above, the possible areas are highlighted with a white fence or similar when you select the naturalist.
    Another requirement is the naturalist needs to stand on one of the tiles to activate it, so you cannot make a park out of 4 mountains.

Buktu likes this.
  4. PiR

PiR Emperor Supporter

You can quicksave your game and buy many tiles in a city to check what is possible. I used to do that at the beginning.

5. AlanH11

AlanH11 Chieftain

As an extra tip, if you spot a likely location for a NP early in the game, you can always develop the land tile and bulldoze it later when the naturalist is available.

PiR likes this.
  6. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Or you can beautify tiles that do not quite match what is needed in a variety of ways.