Question about Traditions free buildings

kamex

Emperor
Obviously you get them in the capital, and if you play peacefully your next three cities, however do you get them in conquered cities, if so is it only if you immediantly annex.

IME it seems early conquered cities don't get them, (at least if you puppet first annex later) but you get them later when you found cities yourself to fill the gaps.

Incidentally, and I'd really like this point answered please, I noticed that as Venice, by first 3 GMOV purchases had a 'free' monument and aqueduct in. Does this mean Venice CS purchases count as 'founding'? :confused:

These are the conclusions based on testing a regular civ (not Venice -- don't know if the MoV operates differently):

If you first adopt Legalism, then capture a city, it will not get a free culture building, whether you puppet or annex. Same goes for the Tradition finisher -> no free aqueduct.

If you capture a city before adopting Legalism, you will get a free cultural building in the captured city, whether puppeted or annexed (or razed, which is a real waste of a free building). Same applies to capturing cities before taking the Tradition finisher -> get a free aqueduct.

Incidentally, and I'd really like this point answered please, I noticed that as Venice, by first 3 GMOV purchases had a 'free' monument and aqueduct in. Does this mean Venice CS purchases count as 'founding'? :confused:

For the purposes of getting the free culture buildings and aquaducts , yes. Same for diplo marry skill.

I played Venice recently; I eventually got my full set.

BNW appears to treat Venice buying a city state exactly like any other civ building a new city with regards to bonus buildings; at least since the fall patch.
Note though that the free Monument in a puppet doesn't do much good if it's the only cultural source due to the -25% cultural penalty which gets around up to the next whole number. :(

But the main reason for Tradition first as Venice is the benefits to the capital.
(50% less unhappiness there; +4 raw food in Venice plus some multiplers for surplus; aquaduct)

Top Bottom