Question: Limiting movement

Wyrmshadow

Deity
okay, I want to make a unit that is sooo big in real life that it can only be moved by it's own locomotion (legs). I don't want any road or even rail movement bonuses to affect it, is that possible??

1: What does AFAIK mean?

2: The only way to do that would be to give it "All terrain as road" and then set the road movement really low. Not a very good idea, IMO. EDIT: This would only work for the roads, obviously. Railroads, I would assume, would be impossible.

BTW: What unit are you trying to make, anyway.

Originally posted by A Viking Yeti
1: What does AFAIK mean?

2: The only way to do that would be to give it "All terrain as road" and then set the road movement really low. Not a very good idea, IMO.

BTW: What unit are you trying to make, anyway.
As Far As I Know

and I'm making this guy 485 tons, 83 feet tall. Too big for any railroad car. Max speed is 24mph walking.

AWSOME... It looks like it's from a futuristic time, a time in which it might be possible to make train cars big enough. I don't know of any other way to make that. The game wasn't really designed to have units of such gargantuan sizes, so trying to shimmy it in is really hard I suppose. It would seem like an expensive unit, "expensive" being used loosly :lol:. Good luck.

You can either make him smaller in his size so he can go on railroads... or just pretend they took him apart shipped him to his destination and put him back together. A long time ago I used to watch all sorts of Gundam series and they made their mechs be pretty light and even though they were quite large they could still be carried by heavy-duty trucks, railroads, barge, cargo planes, and space shuttle. It's a futuristic unit, use your imagination.

Carbon fibers, carbon tubulars, new alloys, anti-gravitational levitation, etc... You're creative, you can come up with something. :D Can't wait to see the finished project, looks great. (Drooling and Stuttering, Imagining destroying my enemies with that mechanical giant) Uh... Yeah, great. :lol:

An air unit doesn't take into account roads or railroads, but it won't be able to attack then. Well actually I'm not so sure, but you could of course make it a bombard only unit.

Well that pic isn't the actual unit, so it will likely be under 240x240. Actually, 240 is max only for FLICster. Take a look at my missile, and look at the screenshot of the two huge rockets in the thread. The limit is certainly breakable ;)

Ohh... Next time I'll read the fine print, :rolleyes:. I thought you just edited that in there with a picture editor. :lol:, that's the biggest rocket I've ever seen.

Top Bottom