[Question] New building = crash?

agentsmith952

Warlord
In playtesting my mod, I got to the point where I could build my new building late in the game. When the list showed up, the button appeared fine. So, I clicked the button, and the game immediately crashed.

In the civilopedia, the model appears fine without any problems. Also, I can add it in world builder without any issues.

Any suggestions of where the problem might be?

In playtesting my mod, I got to the point where I could build my new building late in the game. When the list showed up, the button appeared fine. So, I clicked the button, and the game immediately crashed.

In the civilopedia, the model appears fine without any problems. Also, I can add it in world builder without any issues.

Any suggestions of where the problem might be?

I have had the same problem alot even with units in the game, same thing, and it always turns out the ArtDefines someplace is wrong, or a word in the Unit/Building Info is wrong, just copy and paste from another source, "again" the info you need this time and replace with your building again and i bet this time it "might" work.:mischief:

I have had the same problem alot even with units in the game, same thing, and it always turns out the ArtDefines someplace is wrong, or a word in the Unit/Building Info is wrong, just copy and paste from another source, "again" the info you need this time and replace with your building again and i bet this time it "might" work.:mischief:

I just got through reading the tutorial thread, and I think my problem is that I haven't done anything to add an entry in Civ4CityLSystem. I checked the file in the BtS assets, but while looking through it I can't find a single reference to individual buildings, so therefore nothing to copy and paste. Maybe that info is in the assets of Warlords or Vanilla? Any experience with that?

I don't think it's the ArtDefines. The button and nif are referenced correctly, and the building shows up in the civilopedia, through worldbuilder, and the button displays correctly in all places. It's just, in game, when I click the button to build it that the crash occurs.

Thanks in advance for your help! Any information you could give with your experiences would be wonderful...

In the <Button> line of the XML, do you have a comma before the location of the button? If so, remove it and it should fix your problem.

Cheers,
ripple01

Ahhh, that very well may be the problem. I thought the comma needed to be there. Is that the case with units, too, or does the comma need to be there for units?

I'll test that out after work tonight...

Just tested it out, and sure enough, the comma seems to be the ENTIRE PROBLEM, for both my unit and my building. Such an easy solution...

It might be easy after the fact, but it gets us all. :mad: Firaxis should have removed this issue IMO.

It might be easy after the fact, but it gets us all. :mad: Firaxis should have removed this issue IMO.

Too true. It was only easy after an entire weekend of frustration :lol: The same thing just happened with my buttons being all blurry, when I realized I just needed to reference the .tga's and didn't even need to bother wtih .dds format...

Top Bottom