Question to Deity experts re map size

AxelRhodd

Warlord
Hey Deity vets!

I am trying to play/win on Deity.
Question: What is the most common map setup Deity winners use to increase chances of success? So far I have been trying small and tiny Pangea with all default settings.
Also if Pangea is not a good choice, I still want to play it, are there any settings for it I should tweak? (i.e. sea level, Rainfall etc.) Pangea is my favourite land mass type because I like to meet all the civs quickly.

TIA

If you want to cheese a win play duel or small... pangea or probably something like ring. Then just rush him straight away.

In general, a larger map will cause a lot of trouble. Not only because of more enemies but also more space to expand which they can and will while you can not and won't. So the advantage is theirs (more cities, more prod, more pop, more everything).

Depends on your Civilization and chosen victory method (if you choose one pre-game). Pangea might help with a domination victory, but would make a cultural victory harder.

I tried duel yesterday and it was fun to play but once I got DOWd on me, lack of RA and ability to sell lux to the only other civ has killed by progress. I guess on duel map it's all about an early rush? no way to grow a decent civ eh...

Go for a bowmanrush with babylon. Can't really fail :)

Duel - Pangea. Easiest/fastest way to win deity imo.

If you're not good at pulling off an early rush, go for science or cultural on an arch map. But, if you like pangea, I recommend the donut map. Throw mountains in the center, and it gets easier with lots of natural barriers, and less pressure from embarked units.

Top Bottom