Question - Voice Acting

Its not full list but most of them

And please stick with same same file names. XML work is done and I just replace old mp3 files with your new recordings.
If you can record files in mp3 (96kb) format will be great but if not - its ok. I can easily change .wav to mp3.

Attachments

• list.txt
    7.6 KB · Views: 137
So that list is just the ones that need new lines recorded, right? Also where can I go to find the quotes to read that are associated with them?

Yes, this is the list of quotes which has now synthetised voiceover.
All texts you can find in Assets\XML\Text\Tech_CIV4GameText.xml

Is this thread the best place for me to post the recordings, or is there a better place? Also should I hold off on making more until I've gotten more feedback? I'd hate to end up doing a bunch of these then hear they won't be used.

Yea, you can post here, but imo instead ataching files to forum try to upload them to Dropbox or Google Disk. Both are free to use.

For me you can start recording but IMO lets wait for Dancing Hoskuld opinion, ok?

Im ok with MahDryBread voice and quality of the file.

MahDryBread, please lets start recording new audio quotes. If you need some help - just ask.

Hey, I'm just posting this as a reminder that I am still planning on recording voice over stuff for the mod, it will just take a while. My living conditions aren't exactly great and I'm waiting until things get better, whenever that will be.

Any time right now that it's quiet enough for me to record on my microphone, I'd be choosing between recording or live streaming something that will help me get paid and feed myself, and doing free lines for a mod I like. I don't really have much of a choice at the moment.

As soon as things pull together better though, I want to get into the habit of recording at least a few Civ quotes a day. That way I can contribute on a regular basis without it taking much time.

Top Bottom