Questions for turn 238

ok - I'm pretty much swayed on the Modern Armor thing - but are we sure we don't want at least a couple more Mobile SAMs?

If we had a least a few Mobile SAMs that would allow us cover our mountain tiles with stacks of Mechs with much less risk.
I'd really rather not have to attack Saber Armies stationed on a mountain tile :ack: - especially if we've decided to forgo building any artillery.

Yilar said:
We could draft mechs out of The Red tape, The Squeeze and The Marina for only one lost commerce per mech, I would draft out of those cities for sure. Drafting from the rest i'm not to keen on, as the loss is much greater.
:agree: I'd draft out of those 3 cities, and that's enough for now.

Yilar said:
Btw, Free got Fission this turn to.
I'm 90% sure it's ~11% discount when another Civ that knows a tech no matter how many players in the game.
Still, this is disturbing news.

Btw, AT when you do play the save. Remember to set all builds that are not completing this turn to something that gives the mobilization bonus (except for the harbor in the island city, which we can't change due to rules).

absolutely.

I'm ok with not building artys, but I agree that we should build a couple of mobile sams instead of regular MA. We build a lot of MA each turn, anyway.

It's not 11% regardless of how many players in the game. IIRC it's 50% discount once all players know the tech (obviously no one will actually have 50% discount since they would have to have it then already), and a flat distribution between. So with 5 players, each other player that has the tech would lead to a 10% discount. With 4 players, that's 12.5% per other player.

However, I have no idea whether killed players are counted, so I can't say whether it's 10% or 12.5% in this case.

oh yeah - I was thinking it was 12.5% in every case (hense my " ~ " before.) :)

Glad you know what you're talking about at least, Niklas! :thumbsup:

The formula can be found here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4807833&postcount=2

(this is one of the first threads we had in this forum!)

basically, with 4 civs left, 1 team having a tech gives us a 15% discount. If we whack BABE, it becomes a 20% discount.

I'm going to play it in an hour (7 pm EST) - unless I get a lot of objection, I'm going to follow Yilar's outstanding MM plan, though I will probably make an extra mobile sam or two.

I'll pull back all the bombers from SCI, and the planes from the carrier, as well.

Sounds good Mr. First Chairman! :thumbsup:

Go! Fight! Win!

I agree with Yilar's plan for the most part, though I would really like to avoid the extremely expensive regular MAs in The Beach and The Red Tape, and the one from The Institute is also much too expensive for my tastes. If you could build SAMs in the two former, and mm The Institute to build manually instead, I would be happy. That's still 14 MAs, assuming you don't want to build yet another SAM or two, which I would also be fine with.

Go go go! :)

Thanks for all the input!!!

I think next turn will be easier - if they land, it will be one big, long, bloody battlelog. If they don't, I'll try to bomb their little fleet.

If they land on the continent, capture a city and unload all the explorers raping every rail/road within the reach of their stack we are doomed.

A good alternative for MA is TOW´s

If they land on the continent, capture a city and unload all the explorers raping every rail/road within the reach of their stack we are doomed.
At least next turn it should be impossible - their ships cannot enter The Nursery. :smug:

Have to remember they built Mobile Sams. Do these work even if on transport?

No way they do. It is the transport who has to defend. The units are loaded into it.
It is not like when in a city, that there are several units defending, depending on air or land units attacking it.

Well I tested it, the mobile sam DOES work on transport :eek:

:ack: Good job to test it. I'd have bet quite an amount of money that it won't work... :mischief:

I guess I'll keep learning new stuff about C3C in ten more years... :hammer2:

seriously?

you know - I bet you that SABER doesn't even know that.

For all I know, this is the first time anyone has even tried it (assuming they have)

That radically changes how I deal with that stack if they don't land :(

Best we can do with bombers right now is knock out Sabers 2-3 boat stacks. Unless we wanna try our luck vs the mobile sams.

gaaa - If we had known that, we could have included a transport with Mobile SAM in our bigger stacks of naval units. poo.

Let's just hope that Saber does NOT know that. It's not something I ever would have thought to even test.

gaaa - If we had known that, we could have included a transport with Mobile SAM in our bigger stacks of naval units. poo.

Let's just hope that Saber does NOT know that. It's not something I ever would have thought to even test.

On the bright side if we had done that, SABER would know for sure now... ;)

Should we test some more impossible game mechanics?
I mean, did anybody really test if explorers are unable to move on after landing? :shifty:

Top Bottom