Questions, questions, questions...

Ginger_Ale

Lurker
Retired Moderator
The following is dealing with a SINGLE PLAYER DEMOGAME ONLY. It seems we are leaning towards one, but are by no means there. This list is not complete. Feel free to add your own questions.
I am hoping this thread will help us gain a sense of direction. Currently in the constitution thread, we are bickering away but with no real point.

Please answer the following questions:

-What leaders do we want? Do we want them based on the Civ3 advisors (Domestic, Trade, Military, Foreign, Culture, and Science) or different ones (i.e.; the ones we had this game - external, infrastructure, etc.)? Do we want to combine some of the ones of Civ3 or ones we used this DG? What would each of their jobs be?

-Who should decide province sizes (relates to the first question)? Or should there be a set number of cities per province? (give an example of a # of cities per province)

-Do we want to reinstitute a "Senate"? If so, how? Who should comprise of this?

-Should polls be public or private?

-How should city names and unit names be ordered? First come, first serve? Or should we do it based on leadership/rank (i.e.; officials of Term 1 before citizens)?

-Should there be political parties? If yes, what would be their role? Would they be exclusive or open to anyone?

-What would the roles of citizen groups (and 'guilds') be, if any? Should they even be allowed?

-Should we choose a victory condition right from the start of the game or 'wing it'? Or could we allow citizen groups and/or political parties to try to convince others to go for a certain victory? (or mini-victory like get 10,000 gold them win the UN vote, etc.)

-Should there be "long term" offices? (think of domestic and external this game)

-Should the government leaders/offices change according to timeperiod and/or government? If yes, how so?

-What game version should we use (vanilla, PTW, C3C)?

-Should we use a mod/variant/scenario/any other 'custom' thing? If yes, what?

-How should the Judiciary be set up? What is its function?

-What difficulty level should this be on?

-How would the roleplay be set up? Should it be intertwined with the game?

-How will we play the save? Turnchats? Closed-door sessions?

Thank you. Here's to DG7. :goodjob:

Ginger_Ale said:
The following is dealing with a SINGLE PLAYER DEMOGAME ONLY. It seems we are leaning towards one, but are by no means there. This list is not complete. Feel free to add your own questions.
I am hoping this thread will help us gain a sense of direction. Currently in the constitution thread, we are bickering away but with no real point.

Please answer the following questions:

-What leaders do we want? Do we want them based on the Civ3 advisors (Domestic, Trade, Military, Foreign, Culture, and Science) or different ones (i.e.; the ones we had this game - external, infrastructure, etc.)? Do we want to combine some of the ones of Civ3 or ones we used this DG? What would each of their jobs be?
I don't really care anymore, this game the long term officials thought they should be in charge of short term details so it never worked... My idea would be traditional but merge culture + science & trade + foreign

-Who should decide province sizes (relates to the first question)? Or should there be a set number of cities per province? (give an example of a # of cities per province)
Not sure...

I am not sure... *Maybe*

Everything except CCs, Confirmation Polls on people, and elections

-How should city names and unit names be ordered? First come, first serve? Or should we do it based on leadership/rank (i.e.; officials of Term 1 before citizens)?
Maybe we can poll them

-Should there be political parties? If yes, what would be their role? Would they be exclusive or open to anyone?
Yes, Open to all... They can do anything but force people to vote for certain candidates, CCs can be filed against parties slate voting.... The founder of the party chooses how it is organized(him/her in charge, democratic, etc)
-What would the roles of citizen groups (and 'guilds') be, if any? Should they even be allowed?

-Should we choose a victory condition right from the start of the game or 'wing it'? Or could we allow citizen groups and/or political parties to try to convince others to go for a certain victory? (or mini-victory like get 10,000 gold them win the UN vote, etc.)
Let it fold out during the game

-Should there be "long term" offices? (think of domestic and external this game)
Nah...

-Should the government leaders/offices change according to timeperiod and/or government? If yes, how so?
Intriguing idea, I would have to see differences between governments before I know absolutely

Conquests... no need to step back

Yes, a 5CC

Same as now, but if political parties are implemented the Judiciary is charged with keeping an eye on them

Monarch, difficulty shouldn't come from within the Civ3 game, but from the players and government of the democracy

Intertwine it with the game, remove RPG forum and let rpg take place anywhere

Elect 3 people to rotate playing the save, not nessecarily the president... These people can be already elected or not

Thank you. Here's to DG7. :goodjob:
:goodjob:

i agree with black hole.... execept no not a 5city challange, why not a 10 :) and im not sure if your advocating political partys but i dont like them.

Ginger_Ale said:
We should go by the leaders based on the civ3 advisors.

There should be a set formula of cities that each province should have (5-6 cities per province)

We should reinsitute the senate. If we go with an epic path, it should be composed of governors. If we go with the 5CC path, we should have a set amount of citizens to fill in the slot. (Ill get back to you on the ideas)

Election Polls: Private
Official Polls: Public
Non-Offical Polls: Optional

Based on the CoC is more fair.

[quote-Should there be political parties? If yes, what would be their role? Would they be exclusive or open to anyone?[/quote]
No political parties

They should act as advocatcy groups.

We should realy prevent the squabling that just recently happen and just wing it or have citizen group convince others to go for a certan victory.

All offices should be one calender month long

Nooo

Does not matter to me since I have both C3C & Vanilla

Rhye's Civilization Mod (My personal favorate). Though I beleve we should not use any mods into the game since it would alienate our 56k modem friends (Since they would have to be forced to download a huge 100+MB file). No variants that restricts diplomacy.

The judicary should still continue the roll of interpreting the laws and carrying out CCs

Monarch-Emperor

A-la-Demogame I Style (Intertwined within the game)

Open door sessions

Top Bottom