Questions, Questions, Questions

InsidiousMage

Emperor
1) I noticed a screenshot folder in the folder for the game but can't find what button you use to to actually take a screenshot. Anyone know what it is?

2) Am I missing something about the Land Owners family because they seem really weak compared to basically every other family.

3) Any good tips for a domination-style run? I'm not planning on conquering everybody but I would like to conquer a decent amount of cities. I've got a Rome game going on right now and I've got Archers and Mangonels unlocked and the ability to produce Hastatuses in three cities. My plan is to use those three cities to produce units and then my other six cities to support my economy since they take too long to produce units. Is that a good idea or do I need some more cities producing units and am I over looking anything?

1) I noticed a screenshot folder in the folder for the game but can't find what button you use to to actually take a screenshot. Anyone know what it is?

2) Am I missing something about the Land Owners family because they seem really weak compared to basically every other family.

3) Any good tips for a domination-style run? I'm not planning on conquering everybody but I would like to conquer a decent amount of cities. I've got a Rome game going on right now and I've got Archers and Mangonels unlocked and the ability to produce Hastatuses in three cities. My plan is to use those three cities to produce units and then my other six cities to support my economy since they take too long to produce units. Is that a good idea or do I need some more cities producing units and am I over looking anything?

1. Actually, it was there for a few weeks but our testers found issues. So we had to temporarily disable the game screenshot function. Steam's screenshot function still works though.

2. OMG, if you have growth resources in your borders (ie: fish) then Land Owners are amazing! They can also buy tiles which is pretty good too. Land Owners cities make awesome growth pumps to get those fast settlers, workers, militia or scouts.

3. Decide how many units you want then double the number needed. Maybe even triple it. Hover over the enemy name top left to see how their military strength compares to you. Don't attack unless they are weak or weaker (if a new player). Don't think "it's AI, I can overcome a strong opponent". That path leads to death and destruction. :)

Omg agreed landowners is one of my favs. I started rolling random families to challenge myself to stop automatically picking them whenever i choose the civs that have them. they pump out settlers so fast!

Reactions: PiR
2. OMG, if you have growth resources in your borders (ie: fish) then Land Owners are amazing! They can also buy tiles which is pretty good too. Land Owners cities make awesome growth pumps to get those fast settlers, workers, militia or scouts.
Fair enough. I don't really focus on growth after I've settled six to eight cities so that's why I don't really value them. Since you can claim areas without having to settle I usually slow down my settling after that because, right now, I generally go for ambition victories so getting cities up and running faster isn't my first priority. How good are militia/conscripts outside of being cannon fodder?

3. Decide how many units you want then double the number needed. Maybe even triple it. Hover over the enemy name top left to see how their military strength compares to you. Don't attack unless they are weak or weaker (if a new player). Don't think "it's AI, I can overcome a strong opponent". That path leads to death and destruction. :)
Went to war with Greece, who has the most number of cities in the game, when I had a similar strength to them and so far its gone pretty well. I've taken a couple of cities and my southern front is good while my northern front is stabilizing but still kind of dicey. I'm guessing that pumping out as many units as my economy can sustain until I've guaranteed victory is the way go, correct?
Also, this time around, every time I captured a city I got the prompt to offer peace, which I can't remember happening before. Is that pure RNG or does Greece's desire for peace play into that at all?

Fair enough. I don't really focus on growth after I've settled six to eight cities so that's why I don't really value them. Since you can claim areas without having to settle I usually slow down my settling after that because, right now, I generally go for ambition victories so getting cities up and running faster isn't my first priority. How good are militia/conscripts outside of being cannon fodder?

I'll use them in forts to act as eyes on mountain passes, plus they can usually buy you a turn to get a defence organised.

Went to war with Greece, who has the most number of cities in the game, when I had a similar strength to them and so far its gone pretty well. I've taken a couple of cities and my southern front is good while my northern front is stabilizing but still kind of dicey. I'm guessing that pumping out as many units as my economy can sustain until I've guaranteed victory is the way go, correct?
Also, this time around, every time I captured a city I got the prompt to offer peace, which I can't remember happening before. Is that pure RNG or does Greece's desire for peace play into that at all?

Yeah that's pretty much the go of it. Maintain your army size. But don't neglect your economy completely. Spend some orders every turn still on your economy.

Top Bottom