Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus ctrl+j only works for same type of unit in stack, need function that selects all types.

ctrl+j only does only work for the same type of unit in a stack and im pretty (duh) sure that ctrl+x moves everyone in the stack. as for to keep them in a constant stack i've never even heard of it.

Ah thanks for all the help. Tried ctrl x and that didn't work either. I might be confusing civ3 and civ4. They improved the stack moving with civ4 but also made bombards affects all the stack. I'll look for keyboard tip thing that came with the original civ3 and maybe that might have it on it. I remember there being some way to select all units even different types in same stack. Yea, and civ4 would keep them in stack. Guess I haven't played 3 in a minute. Thanks again for all the help. I'll check back if I still can't figure it out.

oh my gosh.... there is button right above unit image didn't even see it..... lol

Is there a quick guide anywhere to how to prepare for a government change, best government for different styles, etc? In Civ II when you changed gov'ts, once you came out of anarchy you could try every government available to you before the end of that turn, so it was really easy to see if you could really handle that move to Republic after all, or needed to use something else, for instance. So, one bad habit I'm learning to break :) Now I need some help knowing if I"m ready for a gov't change and how to get ready for one. For instance, how much extra gold/production can I expect from switch from Monarchy to Republic to offset the extra unit support costs?

Hoping there's a handy guide somewhere that I just haven't yet located.

TIA,

It still looks normal to me, EMan. Here is a picture from a 20K game I played recently, but I just abandoned all the cities around Moscow. The 10K cultural expansion looks like this:

If you put that shape on your picture around City 013 (ignoring the ocean), the yellow line is your 10K border:

Thanks Chamnix. :goodjob:

I guess I had it "fixed in my mind" that cities expanded 3-5-7-9-11-11-11-9-7-5-3 instead of 3-7-9-9-11-11-11-9-9-7-3 as in your "yellow line". :blush:

Hi!

I want to attack my pacific & tech advanced neighbour, gandhi, just after he completes leonardo's workshop, so I can update all my units and destroy him. His capital city is just next to our border and I scouted it to find out when the wonder will be ready.
My problem is :
I don't have the Invention tech that allows this wonder, so what happen when I conquer the city who owns it?
And by the way, do you know if the AI updates all its units on the turn of completion of the LW (if he already has gunpowder, what I fear)?

Finally, thanks for your answers and apologies for my poor english.

Welcome to CFC, plip! :banana:

Good news, you can benefit from Leonardo's Workshop without having discovered Invention. The AI may upgrade some units if they can afford to, but my guess is that they won't have the cash.

P.S. Your English is fine! :)

I know if you clear terrain thatcontains a resource after it appears, it's still there on the base tile. But would I be right to say that if you clear it before, the resource does not appear?

To complicate what Scratcher says, if a resource depletes, it can't re-appear on a cleared tile. Thus if you've cleared all the jungle and your coal is exhausted, it will have to re-appear on a hill or mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom