1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Turner, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BEERPACK

BEERPACK General Chaos

Plus ctrl+j only works for same type of unit in stack, need function that selects all types.

2. civverguy

civverguy Emperor

It works for me in all groups. Did you fortify the units when you pressed Ctrl-J?

3. firepeoplebb

firepeoplebb Chieftain

ctrl+j only does only work for the same type of unit in a stack and im pretty (duh) sure that ctrl+x moves everyone in the stack. as for to keep them in a constant stack i've never even heard of it.

4. Nirotic

Nirotic Chieftain

Is there anyway to get the graphics for DYP that came with civ 3 complete?

5. BEERPACK

BEERPACK General Chaos

Ah thanks for all the help. Tried ctrl x and that didn't work either. I might be confusing civ3 and civ4. They improved the stack moving with civ4 but also made bombards affects all the stack. I'll look for keyboard tip thing that came with the original civ3 and maybe that might have it on it. I remember there being some way to select all units even different types in same stack. Yea, and civ4 would keep them in stack. Guess I haven't played 3 in a minute. Thanks again for all the help. I'll check back if I still can't figure it out.

6. BEERPACK

BEERPACK General Chaos

oh my gosh.... there is button right above unit image didn't even see it..... lol

7. watorrey

watorrey Deity

You probably have to download the whole DYP mod. I think they renamed it something else for C3C though. Look for the DYP thread in the creation & customization forums and ask there about it.

8. watorrey

watorrey Deity

Also check the hotkey listings in the civilipedia. The keys might be listed there.

9. Leowind

Leowind Emperor

Is there a quick guide anywhere to how to prepare for a government change, best government for different styles, etc? In Civ II when you changed gov'ts, once you came out of anarchy you could try every government available to you before the end of that turn, so it was really easy to see if you could really handle that move to Republic after all, or needed to use something else, for instance. So, one bad habit I'm learning to break :) Now I need some help knowing if I"m ready for a gov't change and how to get ready for one. For instance, how much extra gold/production can I expect from switch from Monarchy to Republic to offset the extra unit support costs?

Hoping there's a handy guide somewhere that I just haven't yet located.

TIA,

10. EMan

EMan HOFer: Milk-Cow? Supporter

11. Leowind

Leowind Emperor

Thanks Eman!! I'll give it a try this weekend (if I get time)

12. Jokeslayer

Jokeslayer Dedicated

Group move can also be done with J. If you try moving fast and slow units together, the fast units can lose their extra move points (sometimes what you want, sometimes not)

13. EMan

EMan HOFer: Milk-Cow? Supporter

Thanks Chamnix. :goodjob:

I guess I had it "fixed in my mind" that cities expanded 3-5-7-9-11-11-11-9-7-5-3 instead of 3-7-9-9-11-11-11-9-9-7-3 as in your "yellow line". :blush:

14. plip

plip Chieftain

Hi!

I want to attack my pacific & tech advanced neighbour, gandhi, just after he completes leonardo's workshop, so I can update all my units and destroy him. His capital city is just next to our border and I scouted it to find out when the wonder will be ready.
    My problem is :
    I don't have the Invention tech that allows this wonder, so what happen when I conquer the city who owns it?
    And by the way, do you know if the AI updates all its units on the turn of completion of the LW (if he already has gunpowder, what I fear)?

Finally, thanks for your answers and apologies for my poor english.

15. Bartleby

Bartleby Remembers laughter

Welcome to CFC, plip! :banana:

Good news, you can benefit from Leonardo's Workshop without having discovered Invention. The AI may upgrade some units if they can afford to, but my guess is that they won't have the cash.

P.S. Your English is fine! :)

16. Jokeslayer

Jokeslayer Dedicated

I know if you clear terrain thatcontains a resource after it appears, it's still there on the base tile. But would I be right to say that if you clear it before, the resource does not appear?

17. Scratcher

Scratcher Emperor

The resource will still appear. It is designated to the tile at the beginning of the game.

18. Bartleby

Bartleby Remembers laughter

To complicate what Scratcher says, if a resource depletes, it can't re-appear on a cleared tile. Thus if you've cleared all the jungle and your coal is exhausted, it will have to re-appear on a hill or mountain.

19. dzagorski

dzagorski Chieftain

Is it possible to play with more thean 31 civs???
    And how to do that?

20. vmxa

vmxa Deity Supporter

No 31 is the max as the 32nd is for barbs. You do not want more, believe me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.