Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean included in the network? An airfield will not bring any trade items into the landmass. No lux or resources, just landing sites.

I am not sure airports pollute as I have seen some towns show none next to the airport in the city view. Other do show it?

I need help with the mod packs.....I don't know where to put them or how to get them to work right! I'm at my wits end because I don't want to screw up my civilazation III game...I kinda lost the code to reinstall it if it screws up.:confused:

Exactly how does one take a screenshot? I've hit every key combo there is (and some other computer-related things as well :badcomp: but haven't the foggiest notion of how to take screenshots.

Exactly how does one take a screenshot? I've hit every key combo there is (and some other computer-related things as well :smash smash: but haven't the foggiest notion of how to take screenshots.

The Print Screen Button works just fine, just go to a program like paint, and then to edit, then paste and there you go!

What do you mean included in the network? An airfield will not bring any trade items into the landmass. No lux or resources, just landing sites.

I am not sure airports pollute as I have seen some towns show none next to the airport in the city view. Other do show it?

Yes, what I meant was whether or not luxuries or strategic resources can pass through them. But I guess its better this way so that cities on another continent can't just build one worker and connect that way.

However, I don't think settlers and workers can be airlifted. Or armies.

Workers can be airlifted. The 3 units which cannot be airlifted are settlers and armies (as you already mentioned), and artillery.

And you can even save those 10 shields if you use slaves to build the airfields.

and even smarter to build them with captured workers, so they're free.

I'd rather use up my native workers for this, slaves cost no upkeep while they exist, good to have a free workforce.

Maybe if I already used up all my natives for all kinds of purposes and I have more slaves than I need, I'll use a slave instead of building a new worker, but I haven't come across such a situation yet...

The flip side of this is if you have no unit cost (viz. you have enough cities to support all your units for free), then use a slave because the regular worker works more efficiently! ;)

If you use slaves to build airfields/colonies then you get a rep hit IIRC, but at certain times in the late game that doesn't really matter.

But, do you get the Rep hit if the slave's AI has been "eliminated"? :)

DOMINATRIX - First, sorry for the acronyms in my previous post. Second - I was wrong - using workers causes an attitude hit for you against the civ the worker comes from, not a rep hit. This article is the important one, though I'm sure there was an updated one for Conquests somewhere. I actually think that Conquests changed things so that using a captured worker for an airport or colony or disbanding them caused an attitude hit against you for every civ. I can't find that thread at the moment though.

Rockingkraut, I tried print screen, but 1. Isn't some sort of popup supposed to tell you which file it sent the screenshot and 2. I can't find the file (or something like it) that has screenshots of Civilization 3. I would like help, that's all. :cry:
But thanx any way.

By the way, I have... problems with my computer. It's the master, and it knows it too.

Let's see if this helps. Here's how I do it.

1.) select print screen via a key on my keyboard.
2.) switch over to paint program
3.) go to "Edit" and then "Copy"
4.) Edit it as needed through the Paint program
5.) Save the file as .jpeg (you must change this if you want to upload onto civfanatics. The default for paint is .bmp)
6.) go back to your game and have fun!

Rockingkraut, I tried print screen, but 1. Isn't some sort of popup supposed to tell you which file it sent the screenshot and 2. I can't find the file (or something like it) that has screenshots of Civilization 3.

If you're using the PrntScreen button, no, there's no popup. It copies the image on the screen to "the clipboard," just like when you copy text in a word processing document. No popup, no notification, it just does it. It does not create a file for you to go find. You're basically taking a snapshot of the screen, pasting into your paint program, then saving it. sercer88's steps should get you there.

Edit: Oh, yeah, with Eman's correction. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom