Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

do bombard units (catapults cannon etc) derive any benefit from being built in a city with BARRACKS?

Veteran Statis
But without A/D-stats, does vet status actually make any difference to bombard-unit performance (like increasing rank increases the retreat-probability for redlined fast units vs slow-units), e.g. does a vet-Arty have a greater hit-probability per shot than a reg-Arty? Has anyone ever tested this?

There is no evidence that an artillery unit being a veteran helps. It only becomes relevant if the unit is later being promoted to a unit that either has hitpoints or the ability for lethal bombard. The korean UU can be promoted to Elite and Elite*, so it can generate great military leaders.

There is no evidence that an artillery unit being a veteran helps. It only becomes relevant if the unit is later being promoted to a unit that either has hitpoints or the ability for lethal bombard. The korean UU can be promoted to Elite and Elite*, so it can generate great military leaders.

Good point about the Korean UU. I thought that all Artillery or Radar Artillery had lethal bombardment in C3C.
Is that not correct? My favorite part about artillery is the 2 tile range :)

Good point about the Korean UU. I thought that all Artillery or Radar Artillery had lethal bombardment in C3C.
Is that not correct? My favorite part about artillery is the 2 tile range :)
I knew Artillery didn't, but had to check in the Editor for the Radar Arty (can't remember the last time I built any of those!): it doesn't either.

None of the general-issue boats have it either, not even the Battleship: the only units that do are the Cruise Missile (Land+Sea), all Fighters (Sea; F-15 and St.Fighter also Land), both Bomber-types (Land+Sea), Hwacha (Land+Sea), and Dromon (Sea).

Also it is so that all bombardement from air units and sea units can kill air units. Land units however lack the ability to bombard air units.

Also it is so that all bombardement from air units and sea units can kill air units. Land units however lack the ability to bombard air units.
You're talking about bomb(ard)ing grounded air-units stationed in a town (or Airfield), right? So if the Bomber's lethal land-bombardment was turned off, it would no longer be able to hit/destroy those aircraft? Hmm...

You're talking about bomb(ard)ing grounded air-units stationed in a town (or Airfield), right?

Yes. Are there foreign airunits that are not grounded during your turn?

So if the Bomber's lethal land-bombardment was turned off, it would no longer be able to hit/destroy those aircraft? Hmm...

No. Land bombardement and sea bombardement need to be made lethal by the special entry, but air bombardement is always (potentially) lethal. Destroyers and Fighter can kill aircrafts in cities by bombing those cities. Destroyers have no lethal bombardement entry, fighters only for sea bombardement.

It should be mentioned that cruise missiles are land units, but they can bombard airunits aswell and can of course be lethal at that aswell.

https://www.civforum.de/showthread.php?86307-Bombardierung-von-St%E4dten-in-C3C-1-22

So does this mean that you can get a Great Leader from, say, Stealth Bombers as well? I don't think I've ever actually seen a leader generated from a Stealth Bomber (or regular Bomber, for that matter) before, but if the Hwacha can, they in theory should be able to as well.

Cruise Missiles, while being able to lethally bombard, alas wouldn't be able to generate leaders due to their use-once status.

In my customised games I’ve added a small number of buildings. I’ve noticed some building options are removed from the list of cities that are most of the way through having all the improvements. The buildings are not being made obsolete nor require a resource. The only think I can think of is that there’s a building limit. I have 31 none wonder buildings. Can anyone tell me what may be wrong and can i have more than 31 without issues?

The buildings limit in Civ3 is 256 buildings. There are some additional settings to the one you have posted, that can trigger that buildings don´t appear in the city screen: Most important are techs as a perequisite, that the civ cannot achieve (era-none techs, civspecific techs) or government specific buildings (p.e. Axis-barracks need government Fascism, if the Axis-city is conquered by a civ with another government, the barracks dissapear, if the city is conquered back by the Axis in government Fascism, the barracks reappear in the city).

Top Bottom